cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrating data from transactional ODS to InfoCube

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

what is the procedure to migrate the data from the transactional ODS to the InfoCube.

thanks in advance

regards

vijaykumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

either create an export-datasource and assign it to the desired cube as a datamart in the myself system.

hth

Cheers

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sven

but the export data source does not work with the transactional ods objects.

regards

vijaykumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created one in my system and used it ...

Anyway, you can also create a generic extractor onto the /BIC/A<ODS-Name>00 - Table within the BW via Transaction RSO2.

Hth

Cheers

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You don't need to export Datasource, It's System Generated.

You can also try this.

In order to transfer data from a transactional ODS object into further data targets, first create update rules from ODS object to the datatarget you want to update. During the update rule creation, select the transactional ODS object as the infosource. For the transactional ODS objects "Update Data in Data Targets" option is not available in the context menu of the ODS object, so you have to manually create infopackage to transfer data.

Go to the infosources tab in the administrator workbench and create infopackage for the system generated export datasource (technical name is 8<technical name of the ODS>). Then you can just execute the infopackage to load data into subsequent data targets, but please keep in mind only full upload is possible (no delta upload) with transactional ODS objects.

Hope it helps.

San.