cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why sometime the STMS is not working??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know why sometimes the transport system (STMS) hang or is not working and I need to delete the entries in TRBAT and kill process in the O.S. Someone knows why this issue happen?

Thanks for the explication!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get good solution of your problem if you explain in some more words.

But it is always suggested to keep your system on latest SP and latest kernel level patch to get rid of unexplainable problems.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur answer,

Right now I don't have the issue but in the last months I haved and I want to know why sometimes a transport order in the transaction STMS hangs when is imported and I see the truck in an infinite loop..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to look into following.

1) Do you have BG threads available in the system ? If Threads are not available at the time of Transport trigger, Truck will keeps on going.

2) Please try to look for .LOC file at the location /usr/sap/trans/tmp. This indicates Transport Lock and trcuk will keeps on going in such cases also.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Edited by: Saurabh.Arora on May 25, 2009 8:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect!!

Good information!

How a transport can be locked? for example... I know that the .LOC file is created because a transport is locked but what can be the reason for which the transport is lock?

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This kind of scenerio can happen...

1) If some one wants to import more than one transport at a time in the system.

2) If one transport is getting imported and some one trigger one more transports

3) There may be some more scenerios also....I have told whatever I have seen....

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I give u the points.

Thanks a lot for clarify my doubt!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether the filesystem /usr/sap/trans is properly mounted in all the hosts ( All App. Servers and CI). Please ckeck the RDD* jobs. In case of a transport hang situation ( In this situation you can view so many truck sign in the import buffer), go to Import monitor and kill any transport request having the truck sign for a long time.

The transport hang situation may occur for the following reasons:

1. Filesystem /usr/sap/trans is not properly mounted in All App. Servers and CI

2. RDD* jobs are failing.

3. Kernel patch level is very old

4. Oracle client is not properly upgraded to the latest oracle release of the system

Thanks,

Sourav Misra

SAP Basis Consultant

IBM

Answers (0)