Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC text, notes not transferring to ECC PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are in SRM 7.0/ECC 6.0 - CS

We have a requirement to transfer SC Internal Note (Item Text/not to be printed on PO) and Note to Supplier (Header Text) to ECC PO.

Supplier Text (Item Text) is transferring to the PO, but not the Internal Note and Note to Supplier. Also, Note to Supplier is only available in Purchasing users (Operational Purchaser Portal Role).

Please recommend a solution.

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

Just wondering if you managed to resolve your problem, or did you end up using the Badi? If you used the Badi would it be possible for you to send me the code you used in the Badi. I am struggling to get it to work at the moment, and I only seem to have the documentation for the Badi in German which for me in not very helpful.

Thanks

Claire Crosby-Clarke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claire.

We did it on another project, but we had to implement the BADI: Long Texts in SRM Documents

Our messages with SAP did not help. So we just implemented our own BADI to make this work.

S.

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Before SRM 7.0 you had to do it through BAdIs. Since SRM 7.0, text mapping is done in configuration:

Supplier Relationship Management - SRM Server - Cross-Application Basic Settings - Text Mapping - Text Mapping for Inbound and Outbound Texts

Also refer to SRM 7.0 Release Notes, page 31.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried that, but getting an error that my entries on the following:

- External Logical System - SRMCLNTXXX

- External Object Type - EKKO

- External TexID - F01

does not exist in BBPC_TEXT_EXT

I have maintain my entries in

- Text Type for BBP_PD

- HTXT Header Long Text

- ITXT Item Long Text

- NOTE Note

- Text Schema for SC

- HTXT Header Note

- ITXT Supplier Text

- NOTE Internal Note

I have implemented BADI BBP_LONGTEXT_BADI_1, I can get the ITXT to ECC PO, but not the Header Text.

My real question is that, why am I getting an error when I'm making an entries on the above config?

Any help is appreciated.

Mike

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Please refer to the IMG documentation:

2. Specify a logical SAP ERP System.

3. Specify the SAP ERP business object type with which you want to map the SAP SRM text

type. The following entries are possible:

- EXTREQ (purchase requisition)

- BUS2012 (purchase order)

- BUS2014 (contract)

According to above, you need to change your External Logical System to ERP system (not SRM!). You may also need to change your External Object Type to BUS2012.

Once you get your configuration working, you won't need BAdIs. Please post your results.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I read you old post and I have a Question for you.

I'm trying to insert my data in the table BBPV_TXT_MAP_EXT, but the system says to me that the backend system I inserted that doesn't exist in the table BBPC_TEXT_EXT, but I can not insert anything in the table, and no View is created for that.

Can you help me with this issue?

Best Regards,

Maria

jakob_markus
0 Kudos

You can maintain this via SE16.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

sorry for keeping you busy with the same question.

I am looking into a similar question of notes transfer, but in contrast to the information in the release note, we have a lower ERP version than 6.0 (from SRM point of view we have 7.0, CS).

Can you maybe help me understand, whether the handling of the notes via the tables bbpc_text_ext and bbpv_txt_map_ext is only valid if you use ERP 6.0 or higher, as mentioned in the release note, and if you have a lowe ERP version than you still need to work with BADIs?

My actual problem is the following:

After connecting my ERP system to SRM, i have observed that the internal note and the vendor note from the shopping cart are getting transferred to the item text B02 and B04 of the Purchase Requisition in R/3.

Is this some standard mapping and how can i change it? I need the internal note to be transferred to B01 and the vendor text to be transferred to B03?

Thank you very much!

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 1424590 - Text mapping from SRM SC to backend purchase requisition

Symptom

You do not maintain the customising entries for text mapping in SPRO. In such cases default item texts are not mapped appropriately to backend (ERP) purchase requisition. Internal notes are not found in the backend purchase requisition document and item text is mapped to Material PO text. This is mainly for backend systems which are not on EHP4.

Other terms

Text Schema, Text mapping, Text Rules, EHP4

Reason and Prerequisites

Incase the customizing is not maintained( or backend release not EHP4) then the default text mapping rules are inapproppriate.

check it up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Muthu,

is my understanding of the note correct, that you get inappropriate mapping in case you do not carry out any customizing entries for text mapping?

What if you do maitain customizing entries - do you still need to implement the note?

When the note speaks about customizing entries for text mapping, does it mean the entries in the tables bbpc_text_ext and bbpv_txt_map_ext?

Will i be able to map the "internal note" of my SC to the item text B01 of the PReq if i have the following customizing settings???:

"BBPC_TEXT_EXT"-Table

Logical System: ERP

Text Object: BUS2105

TextID: B01

"BBPV_TXT_MAP_EXT"-Table

External Logical System: ERP

External Object Type: BUS2105

External Text ID: B01

:

SRM Text ID: NOTE

Will i be able to map the "vendor note" of my SC to the item text B03 of the PReq if i maintain the same customizing like mentioned above, just replacing B01 with B03.

What do you think about these settings?

Thanks a ton!

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in general

Once we have swaped vendor text to internal note in SRM itself ITXT to NOTE.

mapped like that upon sequence number

sc itxt - vendor text - item text in the PO

sc note- internal note - inforecord text in the PO

--

seq no 01 (item text) - vendor text and 02 (item note) internal note

PR text folder

item text -

item note -

Delivery text-

material po text-

material basic text-

is your concern is that itxt and NOTE are not mapped to ECC PR text tab.

what is your backe end system ECC 6.0 sp ? or ehp4 ?

see question 7 Note 448814 - FAQ: Texts in purchasing

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

We are getting the same problem with table BBPC_TEXT_EXT not having any erp system entries in it and no way to update the table. We can't complete the text mapping with out filling out that field. Have you figured this out?

Regards,

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Use this report to replicate the text from ERP to SRM.

/SAPSRM/GET_TEXT_CUST_ERP

Regards

Madhan