cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print report that want many copy in one time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Everybody

I have problem about printing report by use layout designer by edit layout designer in standard. I want to print many copy in one print by each copy must one point that differ other copy such as first copy specify word "original" and sencond copy specify "copy two".I hope you understand. I do not use sdk but i do in standard but edit layout report in standard. Do everybody know about that i post?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The only thing you can do is check if the document has been printed. If printed before show a specific word like "COPY". If not printed before show original. This you can do, but once it is printed every other document will say "copy".

To do this, there is a field to check if printed. Depending on that fields value you must build a formula. The formula must be linked to a field saying "original". Original will display when formula returns true. You must do the same for "COPY".

Hope you understand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Louis

I don't understand that you describe. Will I receive many copy in one print? How to check if printed and how to create this field?

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go into the pld. Make a "database" field. Then make it look at the document you are working with. For example "A/R Invoice". Then set the field to printed. This will display if the document has ever been printed before. So when the first page prints it should return false.

Test it and try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Louis

How to set amount of copy? Can set to show number of copy in each copy? example:

first copy to show: 1

second copy to show: 2

third copy to show: 3

show only number 1,2 and 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to generate fomular field for check if printed?

I can't create it because i understand how to create. Please decribe more detail.

regard

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, sorry.

You asked if we can show first page original then after that copies. But getting actual numbers will not be possible. You should rather go for pre-printed paper that has carbon copies with your numbers.

If you are using 2005 that field will display the required info. If using 2004 you'll need to make a formula. Refer to pld documents on how to make the formula's if you are using 2004.

Hope this helps

Answers (0)