cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I need some of your experience on SAP APO. I am a certified SAP SD Consultant and I want to learn SAP APO. Can anybody point me in the right direction or give me some advise on APO. I know it is a collaboration of various other areas in SCM, like supply network planning, demand planning or scheduling etc...

All your feed back will be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Pranz09

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 5 components in APO

DP - Demand Planning

SNP - Supply Network Planning

PPDS - Production Planning and Scheduling

GATP - Global Available To Promise

TP/VS - Transport Planning and Vehicle Scheduling

With this, you are able to infer, which is more relevant to SD.

As such, there is a separate Certification avaialble as Transportation Managment, which covers TPVS in detail.

Pl. refer following link and study GATP part and TPVS for your knowledge development.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/26/c2d63b18bc7e7fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Madhava

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

The only certification regarding APO is SAP Certified Solution Consultant SCM - Advanced Planning with SAP SCM 2005 (which is based on SCM 5.0, and now we have SCM 5.1 and SCM 7.0).

This certification is composed by courses:

SCM200: APO Introduction

SCM210: CIF (connectivity among ECC and SCM)

SCM220: Demand Planning DP

SCM230: Supply Network Planning SNP

SCM250: Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PPDS)

Keep in mind that APO is intended for planning (production, demand, supply chain) and that its implementation is usually linked to ECC (SD and PP).

Hardest part for an SD consultant can be SCM250 as a good basis in Production I think is good to have. In fact the SAP Academy for Production includes both PP and PPDS.

Hope this info helps.

Regards

Miguel García González

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranz09,

I have attached the link containing the SAP training catalog in which the courses under "ORDER FULFILLMENT" (former module of SD) will be more opt for you.

http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/scm.epx

Please have a look at it and confirm whether this helps you to resolve your query.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a SD consult

1st priority- GATP ( Global Avalible to Promise) More related to Availability check and Back order processing

2nd Priority:- DP( Demand Planning) is look like Sales and Operational Planning and Sales Information system

3rd priority:-TPVS (Transportation and Vehicle scheduling)

Thanks

sreeni

Edited by: Sreenivasu on May 26, 2009 7:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreenivasu and Senthil Mareesw...

Thank you for the valuable information. This has put APO in perspective for me. I will certainly take this further. Which course code (s) should I look for on the SAP Education website?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Pranz09

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranz,

For an SD consultant, the suitable module to learn in SCM area are GATP (Priority 1) and DP (Priority 2).

An SD guy has responsibilities in SCM-APO majorly in module GATP ie Global Available to promise. He has got roles & responsibilities in terms of Interactive backorder processing, Batch backorder processing, Comparison & Monitor of processing, Result publishing, Delete & update records, Simulation scheduling, The above are on functional lines.

In terms of technical lines, the responsibilities lies on time series monitoring, temporary quantity assignment management, Identification of ATP tree structures, Generation of safety stock, Product availability studies, Application logs monitoring, Master data maintenance etc.,

For more information on this SCM stuff, please check the attached link which will provide more guidance to you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/26/c2d63b18bc7e7fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Please let me know if this helps to resolve your query

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.