cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data lost in Web Service, how do I debug lost XML data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to the entire web service technology so excuse me if my question is not clear.

I just published a Z function module as a web service. This went well and I am able to call the web service from my external system (non SAP). From my external system I am passing my XML document to the web service with the necessary data to be passed to the function module.

The problem is that when I set an external breakpoint in the function module, I notice that all incomming data structures are empty. How can I debug my web service to find the place where my data is being "lost"?

I am running netweaver 700 SP 17.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should activate the full trace level from SOAMANAGER.

You will then be able to display the request and response XML payloads.

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Olivier,

Yes I have tried to republish the function module without sucess. And yes the external view adn internal view have different names in the we servie they appear to be "mapped" accordingly. The SOAMANAGER trace indicates that the communication was sucessfull.

Do you know in what class the data mapping is done so that I can put a breakpoint in the code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Kevin,

I don't know in what class the data mapping is done.

I would first try to republish a new web service with the same function module without data mapping to see if it is the origin of the problem.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Olivier for your input.

I performed a trace this morning and within SOAMANAGER I do see XML document of my request with all the information that it contains. So thanks to your idea, we now have a confirmation that SAP is actually receiving the document. Despite this fact, the fact remains that the information is not then being mapped through to my function module.

Now that the first step is confirmed, how can I then follow the data flow to the function module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You problem seems weird to me.

Did you try to recreate the web service from the function module and to recreate the SOAMANAGER configuration ?

Did you create an external view different from the internal view ?

Regards,

Olivier