Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linktourl UI Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating an linktourl UI element.

In properties, I found reference, target fields. What is the difference between these two.

If I want to give the path, where I need to give- reference or target?

Regards

MQ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reference, describes the address of the Web page to be opened. where as, target specifies the browser window in which the page is to be opened. You can manually specify the name of the target window.

If you want to give the path, you need to give- target.

I hope this solves your issue, if you are looking for something else, please revert. I'll be happy to help you.

Cheers!!!

Umang

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

These two are totally different thing. Please check the details:

ReferenceDescribes the address of the Web page to be opened.

Target

Specifies the browser window in which the page is to be opened. You can specify the name of the target window yourself or use the following values, which comply with the W3C-HTML standard:

-> _blank

The page is opened in a new window without a name. This is the default value.

-> _self

The page is displayed in the same window as the link.

-> _parent

The page is displayed in the superordinate browser window. If there is no superordinate window, the page is displayed in the same window as the link.

-> _top

The page is opened in the original window of a frame hierarchy. If there is no frame hierarchy, the page is displayed in the same window as the link.

I hope this solves your issue. Please revrt back in case you need any further help. OR if solved, kindly close the thread.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh

Former Member