cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency Translation feature in BEx reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

As you know, when creating queries, you can right click a given key figure and from Currency Translation frame you can select a customized Currency Conversion Key so OLAP engine displays the "converted" value of such Key figure. Standard TCURR table is used for the conversion.

Also, RRC1 txn. code can be used to create Currency Translation Keys to be used in query designer as described before.

I have created a "currency translation key" (let's name it ZTAXILOC) in RRC1.

I have changed my query in the query designer to use this "customized Currency Conversion Key (ZTAXILOC)". My query uses an InfoSet as "infoprovider".

However, when executing query on BEx Analyzer, I receive error message "Cannot apply currency translation type ZTAXILOC in infocube ZTXA04LA3", where ZTXA04LA3 is the name of my infoset that feeds my query.

The Diagnosis is: "You tried to translate a query element with the currency translation type ZTAXILOC. The translation type ZTAXILOC, however, has VARIABLE TIME REFERENCE, relevant to "DH Document Date" characteristic, which is not available in ZTXA04LA3 infoprovider....".

The "DH Document Date" characteristic exists in the ZTXA04LA3 infoset, but technical name changes since for Infosets, BW system dynamically assigns a technical name for each element in the join and it differs from technical in source ODS.

My question is:

Can I use custom "currency translation keys" in query designer if my query uses an infoset as infoprovider? or is custom "currency translation key" just allowed in queries that use an ODS/InfoCube as infoprovider? or should I provide RRC1 with technical name for "DH Document Date" existing on ZTXA04LA3 infoset?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Mario Vallejo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as you have detected, within the InfoSet, the technical name within the Semantical-Layer changes.

To use a variable for this object, the variable must have been created for this particular "virtual"-Object.

Try the following:

Step 1

WITHIN THE INFOSET-DEFINITION, give the "DH Document Date" a different name, to enable you to detect the proper Object in the Object-List of the Variable-Wizart.

Activate your InfoSet.

Step 2

Now log on to the Query-Designer and create a new Variable for the Object "DH Document Date <renamed>".

In the drop-down box for "Characteristic" you will have (at least) two entries. Please select the one that matches your description in step 1. Go ahead with the varibale-definition as usual.

Step 3

Assign this new Variable to your Currency Translation.

Now test your query. Should work.

hth

Cheers

Sven

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running into similar currrency conversion issues on an infoset. We have an existing currency conversion key created using RRC1. The existing currency key is set up as follows:

TO_USD Convert to USD (Billing)

Exchange Rate Type = Standard translation at average rate

Dynamic Exchange Rate Determination = Yes

Inverse Exchange Rate = No

Source Currency from Data Record = Yes

InfoObject for Determining the Source Currency = No

Selection of Target Currency with Translation = No

Fixed Target Currency = Yes = USD

InfoObject for Determining Target Currency = No

Fixed Time Reference = No

Variable Time Reference = Yes = To the Exact Day = Special InfoObject (0BILL_DATE)

Query Key Date = No

We convert sales amounts to USD using this conversion key on existing cubes. When trying to apply the same conversion key to the new infoset, we received the following error:

Diagnosis:You tried to translate a query element with the currency translation type TO_USD. The translation type TO_USD, however, has variable time reference or variable target currency relevant to characteristic Billing doc. date. Characteristic Billing doc. date is also not available in InfoProvider ZBILLCOST and it references either none or more than one characteristic () of the InfoProvider for Billing doc. date, or Billing doc. date is not a base characteristic.

We have tried to steps in the response to this thread and continue to receive the error.

In Step 1, the only thing that we think we can change is the info object text in the infoset, not the technical name, is this correct?

In Step 2 & Step 3, we have never used variables for currency conversion. We create the currency key using the RRC1 and select the info object for conversion. We did try creating a new currency key in RRC1 and tried to find the newly named (text) info-object for billing date on the infoset, but it wasn't listed as an option under special info-object. Do you have more information on how to create the variable in query designer and how it is used and how to assign to the currency translation?