Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show photo in CV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

We can upload a photo in HR using OAOH or OAAD.

But how do we show that photo in a CV program which is run in portal?

What I mean to ask is that we have to create a program to churn out CV of employee along with his photo.

The photo should come at a particular spot.

What should be done to achieve that? The program will run in Portal. So I am told it is not advisable to use OLE objects. Is that true?

Thanks & Regards.

Samant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

as sap transaction iview

12 REPLIES 12

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it depends. are you going to show it as a SAP trasaction iview in POrtal or a BSP iview or a cusmtom jsp.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

as sap transaction iview

0 Kudos

then you can simply use cl_gui_picture class to show the picture on SAP GUI and it will work inside portal irrespective of whether its wingui or sapgui for html. (demo program on the usage of the said class RSDEMO_PICTURE_CONTROL) more examples check out transaction DWDM

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi Durai.But this Picture control works only in Screens.

The CV is showed on a report, not a dialog program.

Then how do I insert a photo therein?

0 Kudos

on a report screen you cannot have pictures. options left is to go for SAPGUI screen, or html_viewer or dynamic documents for this purpose.

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Thanks Raja.

I have no idea about this Dynamic Documents you are talking of. Can you send me a link where i can get more info on this? How to use it to produce my CV report?

Thanks again ...

0 Kudos

check out sample programs available under the following package

<b>SDYNAMICDOCUMENTS</b>

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot...

Points have been assigned for each answers

Thanks again

0 Kudos

All the best.

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi Durai.

CL_DD_DOCUMENT uploads photo from BDS.

In this case, photo is not in BDS. it is in Archive Link.

How to upload it then?

regds.

0 Kudos

there are FM exists for reading data from ARchive link. but dont know exactly which one. search in se37 for archivelink*

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The portal has it's own tools to show employee photo's. Depending on the version in EP5.0 you have a business pack to connect HR with you portal. (Business pack for employee self maintenance). From EP6.0 SP 12 (I'm not sure about the Service Pack) you have something called Who's who. Together with the who's is who role you have new iviews allowing to mass upload your employees photo's into the portal. You can even use the HR data but then you portal needs to use the SAP HR LDAP. The portal user should be the same as the sap user. If this is not the case you need to as described use the portal iview to mass upload user's photo's.

To show the photo in the portal you can use the user ID card iview.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards