cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions regarding VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are few of the questions I have regarding VC.

1. Is it possible to develop dual charts in a single chart UI (a single chart shows area and column charts)?

2. Is it possible to develop something similar to detailed level navigation in portal in VC completely?

3. Is it possible to insert images in the columns of VC tables representative of data? Something like this is possible in WebDynpro, is the same allowed in VC?

4. How flexible is eventing, can I jump from view to view and passing the parameters between the view?

Thanks and Regards,

Anish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Following are the answers -

1. Dual Chart is possible but not Columns & area. You can create Columns & Line chart in one single chart.

2. Detail level navigation is possible. (No idea about portal but in VC you can do the same)

3. You can insert images & you can give visibility conditions also, so that images can act as alerts.

Without visibility condition also you can display the image.

4. You can jump from view to view. You can do it by - Nested iView, using Layers & with the use of Popup iView.

Regards

Sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

1. You can use combo chart for this. Options are Columnline, Areacolumns, Area+lines.

2. It is not possible for creating Detailed Navigation in VC.

3. Yes you can add image as a column in VC. Before that add images in 'Image Manager, then add the column and as image and set the image.

4. It is not possible to jump from view to view but you can use nested iview.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basheer,

Reg. Detailed Navigation, I dont exactly refer to the detail navigation of the portal but, some thing similar, as options on the left side and the corresponding view on the right side.

Also one more quick question, In Columns graph, is it possible to have columns of different like previous years columns of one color and then current year column of different color.

Thanks again for your Inputs.

Regards,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was talking about this navigation only. You can have options in the form of List,Dropdown, radio button,Table etc & You can get corrosponding view on the right side.

Column colour changes as per data series. Year is not a data series so this is not possible.

Basheer: Information about combo chart was new to me, thanks a lot.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anish,

You can use a 'Page' in VC and adding more iviews into that page. When you deploy the page you can get a list of iviews like detailed navigation in portal.

You can only change the color of graph in its CSS file. Check the below link for details.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/vc/changing+colors

Regards

Basheer

Edited by: Basheer on May 26, 2009 2:29 PM