cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing in BSP application and MS Outlook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on an application that requires interfacing with outlook to retrieve mails.

The exact requirement is:

1. the application should be able to read all unread mails in the MS-Outlook.

2. the mail contents should be analyzed.

3. contents and the attachments should be posted to the application

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Pragya Vatsa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would read mail from the server instead from the client.

Check this web log for this:

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/09/09/receiving-e-mail-and-processing-it-with-abap--version-610-and-higher

If you want to interface with outlook, pls check this

thread:

Eddy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have followed up your weblog. Its really simple and very explanatory.

I have tried your trick of infinite loop and what I see is that my exit is not triggered at all.

I have checked for the setting mentioned in the weblog again and find everything fine.

Can you suggest me what can be the miss up?

Thanks n regards,

Pragya

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If everything is setup properly then of course it should be working. I would suggest that in transaction SCOT, you activate inbound tracing (Utilities->Trace->Internal Trace). Activate the Inbound and the Global Trace. This should give you some idea of the rules that are being processed during inbound processing and hopefully show you why you exit is not being called.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy

Thanks for your response.I have followed the weblog. But my problem is still not solved.

I did the following:

1. I set the user.

2. I configured the SAPConnect Node in Transaction SICF.

3. I have created an exit as mentioned in weblog to create reply mails.

and also set that exit in SCOT-Settings-Inbound Processing.

but I am not able to recieve the replies.

Could you suggest me how to debug and get to know whether my exit (that I have set in Inbound Processing) is being processed or not on receiving mails.And if that is not being processed how can I come to know the root of problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Pragya Vatsa

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can track things with trx SCOT and SOST.

Check also http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/05/a52041c877f623e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Eddy

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Debugging is an interesting problem in inbound mail processing. You can't just set a breakpoint and have it trigger. Because of the way the class is processed it won't activate the debugger.

What I usually do is create an infinite loop in the program:

data: dummy type i value 0.

while dummy ne 1.

endwhile.

That way the program will hold its workprocess. From the workprocess overview screen you can see the running program and remotely attach the debugger. Once attached you can change the value in the variable dummy and continue stepping through the program.