cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO and Transportation Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am a student of Business Information System. Currently, I am writing my Bachelor-Thesis about SAP Event Management. To build a overall Business-Case, I have got a short question about a APO-Business-Process-Scenario.

For Tansportation Planning, Transportation Service Proivder Selection and so on, you use TP/VS of SAP APO. Instead TP/VS I like to use SAP Transportation Management 7.0 for Vehicle Routing, Transportation Planning, TSP Selection. Instead of SAP LES for Execution I like to use SAP Transportation Management 7.0, too. Is it possibile and recommend in APO to use SAP TM instead of TP/VS and SAP LES?

Kind Regards,

Christian

Edited by: Christian Beining on May 25, 2009 3:24 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

You can very well use SAP TM which is separate standalone system for transportation planning. SAP TM 7.0 is not released yet (it is still in Ramp-up phase). However SAP TM 6.0 is available which probably you can think of using.

You must keep one thing in mind that SAP TM or TP/VS both are planning systems and for execution, they need to connect to SAP ECC or any other legacy OLTP system. You cannot use SAP TM for execution (I mean shipment execution , etc).

Hope this clarifies your query. Pl. come back in case you need more details

Regards

Sandeep Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

thanks a lot for your answer. What do you mean for shipment execution is SAP ECC needed? I thought SAP TM also supported Transportation Execution?

Kind Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

By Shipment execution, I mean posting PGI against deliveries in shipment, setting shipment completion indicator, etc. will happen in ECC.

Regards

Sandeep Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep.

SAP TM also has the capabilities for shipment execution. As you mentioned rightly it is a standalone application. There is a provision of capturing the shipment execution information in SAP TM aswell . Together with Event management integration we can have all those information captured.

Regards,

ASHISH BAKSHI