cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link F4 help to multiple fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

I have an abap dictionary search help that exports 2 fields `NUMBER` + `DESCRIPTION`. Both fields are in my webdynpro screen. How can I link both so that they are filled both when a user made a F4 help search.

With one number I is easy by adding it to the context. How do you solve this with multiple values.

Kind,

Frederik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please create a dictionary structure with both fields as components then apply seach help to the first component of the structure.

now type cast context node to the structure and create attributes with the components of structure.

As soon as you create the attributes with structre components the Search help will automatically come to the context attribute.

If your context attribute do not belong to the same structure then Sexarch help will not fill both the attributes.

So if you want the desired functionality then create the context node with the help of structure and context attribute from structure components other wise you will not be able to acheived the desired functionality.

Thanks,

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is an online help document on this topic. Look at the Integration section of this help link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/9f724642314aabe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm