cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart attachment transfer to requisition in ecc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have implemented the standard scenario with SC creating a requisition in back end ECC 6 system. We have activated the BADI of attachment transfer to copy SC attachments to Content Server repository. The system creates a document object in the ECC (SRM type) but the attached file is not transferred, so the original is missing and cannot be viewed.

In the debug process, I created SC in hold status and managed to transfer the file with program BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER, but in the standard process through the ITS, we cannot transfer the file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Limor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Limor,

I understand from your message that when you transferred the SC manually using BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER, the attachments were successfully transferred.Only through the standard process using ITS, attachments are not created in backend. for this scenario, please implement the note 1094459. It should create attachments in backend in normal ITS mode also with this note in place.

Regards,

Sapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented that note but still files are not transferred.

is there any additional settings need to be done in addition to the standard setting when we work with content server?

thanks in advance,

Limor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have this note also in place 1067115.

Regards,

Sapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

I will check but I'm not sure this note is relevant since we are trying to view the documents from the ECC purchase requisitionn, by clicking the attached documents and not from the SRM (ITS).

Thanks again for your efforts,

Limor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Limor,

As far as I understand you do not see the attachment link in the backend . i.e attachments are not transferred at all.

Or.

Is it like you can see the link but the attachment contents cannot be opened.

do check the above note 1067115. It has helped in lot of these cases of backend transfer.

Best Regards,

Sapna

Edited by: Sapna Patil on May 26, 2009 7:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We do not see the attachment link in the backend, it seems like the attachments are not transferred at all.

We do not see the link of the attachment, only the document object (CV04n) or through the Requisition.

I will check the above note 1067115

Thank you

Limor