cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No optimizer server is installed for SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could someone tell me what this means? I'm encountering this error for the very first time.This error pops up when I hit the execute button after selecting the "Optimization Profile" on the screen that appears after i hit the Optimiser button on /sapapo/snp94.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

In my case problem was in Program location,

run in transaction field /n/sapapo/opt_inst,

check your RFC, then look in sm59 - TCP/IP connection - OPTSERVER_SNP01 (double click).

In my application server no such location like was entered. I found folder and reassign it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jones,

Check sap note 337603 which is based on this error "No optimizer server is installed for SNP". Check with you basis team and apply this note if applicable to you.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

abhijeet_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

follow the step steps if above solutions too doesn;t work.

1. run the Optimizer Connectivity test

/sapapo/opt_inst

2. If you see no optizer are defined you will need to manually enter the Optimizer RFC Details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi marvin jones,

Check the inbound and outbound queues using transaction /sapapo/cq or smq1/smq2 and look for any errors/sysfails. Inform those errors alongwith RFC connection issue to basis team so that they can verify it quickly. Once it is done, carryout a livecache consistency check before you start the next optimiser run.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You guys for your quick response...However, I have checked the customizing settings as you had sugested and it is all correct. Just unable to figure out what could be wrong..

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you check in transaction /sapapo/opt03.

is there any entry availabl? if yes please delete it .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you have checked the connection of RFC user in transaction sm59 for optimisation server .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the connection for OPTSERVER_SNP01 in SM59 and the error I get is "Error when opening an RFC connection". Is there a way I can solve this myself or should I contact the Basis team??

Thanks for all the help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can solve it if you have a access to do transaction SM59.

go to SM59,

then click on TCP/IP connection

you should find

entry for rfc destination OPTSERVER_SNP01

connection type T (TCP / IP connection)

in technical setting tab

at program this file " snpopsvr.exe" should be available

target host should be there.

in save to data base as Ip address and it should be same as target host

in start type of external Program

tick should be as Default Gateway Value

in CPI-C time out

again tick should be as Default Gateway Value

and gateway options

gateway hosts is equal to target host value

and gateway service should have entry sapgw00

hope this help.

my suggestion is that let your basis person should so all this.

it will help you many ways in future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Montuvg,

The fields Gateway Host and Gateway service on the Gateway Options Tab are blank in SM59. Could this be the problem?? I entered 'sapgw00" in the Gateway Service field yet I get the same error. Please advise.

Marvin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check that your optimiser is not connected to your live cache,and the background user is not working,

Please check up with basis guy with sm59.

also please check in customisation about the master data for optimisation server,

spro>scm>apo>basic settings>optimisations>basic functions> Maintain Master Data for Optimization Server

therse should be the settings.

SNP01 SNP Supply Network Planning SNP Optimizer A Active (Normal Operation) 1 1 Priority 1 (Highest Priority) OPTSERVER_SNP01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jones,

Check whether livecache connection and optimiser server connection is proper now. Also carry out livecache consistency check if required.

Please let me know whether if this resolve your query

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.