cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Datasources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having some sort of a problem on generating the fields of my datasource. I am using extraction by Function Module wherein I define my Function Module and the Extract Structure used. In this case when I generate the fields for my datasource, it only displays the fields of my extract structure and it does not include the import parameters of my function module. How can I include in the datasource the import parameters of my function module as selection criteria? Hope that you can all help me on this one.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Atel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

martin_lehmann4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo Atel,

I just saw your question, perhaps my answer is still useful anyhow. You don't need to have the parameters of extraction function module in your extract structure, because your selection will be transfered via the tables I_T_SELECT and I_T_FIELDS (this interface will be filled by the BW plugin) whereas the result can be exported via table E_T_DATA, which has to be of the type of your extract structure. Some samples how this works you can find in the function modules with the prefix RSAX_BIW_GET_, e.g. RSAX_BIW_GET_DATA_SIMPLE. Don't hesitate to ask further questions,

many regards

Martin Lehmann

Message was edited by: Martin Lehmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin -

Maybe you can help me with my issue on I_T_SELECT. I've checked everything that I can think of, but when I debug my extraction, the I_T_SELECT is not populated with the selection criteria I enter on the screen. What am I doing wrong? When I run the test extraction it pulls all records instead of picking up the criteria from my selection screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks -

Kellie

martin_lehmann4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kellie,

sorry for my late answer - did you follow the steps in this weblog: /people/siegfried.szameitat/blog/2005/09/29/generic-extraction-via-function-module ?

Regards

Martin Lehmann