Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

CCM related

Hi Ppl,

I am having some basic issues when configuring CCM 2.0.

1.]When SRM and CCM(CAT and CSE) are said to be installed on the same server:

--do they have the same client?If so,will there be separate logical systems?

--i am doing the basic configuration for CCM in SRM(IMG)..like,package size,publishing locally,activating services etc.Why?Doesn't CCM have its own GUI/IMG where we can do the configuration?

2.]If SRM and CCM are on separate servers,the guide says--log on to the CAT client GUI and do the settings.Does CAT,if installed separately have its own GUI(like SRM IMG)?

3.]Is CCM browser based?Any uploading and maintenance of catalogs has to be done from the browser?If thats true,then after the initial settings are done,the manager or approver has to work just on the browser to upload and maintain catalogs.Is that right?

4.]I have done the initial settings--and when i run /ccm/initialize_cme in SRM,a message promts up saying that the program does not exist.What am i missing?How should i tackle this?

5.]When i right click on 'test services(in SICF)',it opens up a browser...but says,"page not found" error.Why?From where do i get the URL for CAT and where do i input it for the browser to open up the CCM page?

6.]Will CSE have its own URL?

Please help me understand this topic.Its driving me nuts.

Sam

Former Member
Former Member replied

hi,

Question:

--CCM(CAT+CSE) does not have its own IMG....Irrespective of whether SRM and CCM are on same server or not,all configuration is done in SRM IMG.Please correct me,if i am wrong.

Answer:

CCM and SRm are always on the same server. they can either be as sepertate clients or same clients.

Question:

--I found the URL's for both CAT ad CSE...but when i copy-paste the link in the browser,it still comes up as "page cannot be displayed".

Am i missing any configuration step?What do i do to get this working?

Answer:

have you maintained profile parameter:

login/system_client = <default client>

icm/host_name_full=<hostname>.<domain_name>.com

maintain the fqdn on the server host file as well as your machine.

in your IE, set the proxy settings to bypass this address.

Question:

--I am working on SRM 4.0(SRM_SERVER 500),CCM 1.0.

In SE38,when i run /ccm/initialize_cme....it promps me that the program does not exist.Why?

Answer:

There is a note which talks about post installation steps for CCM, have you followed those notes.

751860 Post-Processing the CCM 100 Installation

783437 Support Package 04 for CCM 1.0

771462 Support Package 03 for CCM 1.0

764327 Support Package 02 for CCM 1.0

750683 Support Package 01 for CCM 1.0

hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chetan

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question