cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM related

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ppl,

I am having some basic issues when configuring CCM 2.0.

1.]When SRM and CCM(CAT and CSE) are said to be installed on the same server:

--do they have the same client?If so,will there be separate logical systems?

--i am doing the basic configuration for CCM in SRM(IMG)..like,package size,publishing locally,activating services etc.Why?Doesn't CCM have its own GUI/IMG where we can do the configuration?

2.]If SRM and CCM are on separate servers,the guide says--log on to the CAT client GUI and do the settings.Does CAT,if installed separately have its own GUI(like SRM IMG)?

3.]Is CCM browser based?Any uploading and maintenance of catalogs has to be done from the browser?If thats true,then after the initial settings are done,the manager or approver has to work just on the browser to upload and maintain catalogs.Is that right?

4.]I have done the initial settings--and when i run /ccm/initialize_cme in SRM,a message promts up saying that the program does not exist.What am i missing?How should i tackle this?

5.]When i right click on 'test services(in SICF)',it opens up a browser...but says,"page not found" error.Why?From where do i get the URL for CAT and where do i input it for the browser to open up the CCM page?

6.]Will CSE have its own URL?

Please help me understand this topic.Its driving me nuts.

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Pl. see whether the answers help you.

1. When EBP& CCM are installed on single server,

they can share same client or seperate clients can be given for both components.

CCM is supposed to be an add on on EBP, hence the customizing screens are through SRM IMG(my view).

2. No, you will have same SRM IMG screen.

3. yes you are very much right.

4. pl. give yr exat installation details for EBP,CAT,CSE

you must be using SE38, right?

5. i hope you are trying to open webpage for CAT,

try SE80 -> BSP application -> /ccm/cat ->pages with flow logic -> cat_home.htm ->doubleclick ->go to properties tab in RHS section ->reach down(beware you have to properly use scroll bars)->find the URL for CAT ->this url paste in yr IE browser ->you should get log on page for CAT.

6. yes, CSE will have its own URl, you can find the same in SE80 ->BSP application -> /ccm/srm_cse ->controller ->main.do

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh...thanks a million for your superb answers.I will definitely award you points.I have a few clarifications to make:

--CCM(CAT+CSE) does not have its own IMG....Irrespective of whether SRM and CCM are on same server or not,all configuration is done in SRM IMG.Please correct me,if i am wrong.

--I am working on SRM 4.0(SRM_SERVER 500),CCM 1.0.

In SE38,when i run /ccm/initialize_cme....it promps me that the program does not exist.Why?

--I found the URL's for both CAT ad CSE...but when i copy-paste the link in the browser,it still comes up as "page cannot be displayed".

Am i missing any configuration step?What do i do to get this working?

Pleaseeee let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

-- I think , Yes , but confirmation from some expert will be better for this.

-- i have not faced this issue, but a same thread is going on in the forum, you may get answer by tracing the same.

-- pl. check all config of CCM as per config guide.

BR

Dinesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Hi SAM,

If CCM is an add-on on your SRM server (same machine), the CCM IMG can be found in the SRM IMG.(cross application settings).

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Question:

--CCM(CAT+CSE) does not have its own IMG....Irrespective of whether SRM and CCM are on same server or not,all configuration is done in SRM IMG.Please correct me,if i am wrong.

Answer:

CCM and SRm are always on the same server. they can either be as sepertate clients or same clients.

Question:

--I found the URL's for both CAT ad CSE...but when i copy-paste the link in the browser,it still comes up as "page cannot be displayed".

Am i missing any configuration step?What do i do to get this working?

Answer:

have you maintained profile parameter:

login/system_client = <default client>

icm/host_name_full=<hostname>.<domain_name>.com

maintain the fqdn on the server host file as well as your machine.

in your IE, set the proxy settings to bypass this address.

Question:

--I am working on SRM 4.0(SRM_SERVER 500),CCM 1.0.

In SE38,when i run /ccm/initialize_cme....it promps me that the program does not exist.Why?

Answer:

There is a note which talks about post installation steps for CCM, have you followed those notes.

751860 Post-Processing the CCM 100 Installation

783437 Support Package 04 for CCM 1.0

771462 Support Package 03 for CCM 1.0

764327 Support Package 02 for CCM 1.0

750683 Support Package 01 for CCM 1.0

hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

-- CCM (CAT and/or CSE) is installed on a SAP WAS 640 or 700. It can be installed as an add-on on SRM WAS. Anyhow, in IMG (SPRO) you will find all customizing menu of each component installed on this WAS. Irrespective of whether SRM and CCM are on the same server or not, you will find the custo in IMG. CCM custo menu is not under SRM one, but independant

-- CAT URL can be called directly (http://your.server.com:8000/sap/bc/bsp/ccm/cat/cat_home.htm), but not CSE. CSE is called by SRM or ECC by posting an HTTP form, including all parameters (catalog ID, user, password, locale....) defined in calling parameters of calling application

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys...thanks a lot for all the suggestions.

In my case,CCM and SRM are on the same server.And as Yann suggested,i can see the CCM menu in cross application components-->cross appln settings.This is clear.

Just wanted to clarify(what Chris said):Even when SRM and CCM are on different WAS,the customization activities will still be in SRM IMG(not under,but independent),right?

I will look into your suggestions on the "page not found" and "cse" issues and revert back to you all...and will not forget to reward points:).

Thank you so much.....dinesh,yann,chetan and chris.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I did not say:

"Even when SRM and CCM are on different WAS,the customization activities will still be in SRM IMG(not under,but independent"

but:

"Irrespective of whether SRM and CCM are on the same server or not, you will find the custo in IMG"

That just mean you will find the component IMG in the WAS where it is installed (??? quite logic, no ???)

So if CCM is installed on a separate server, you won't find CCM IMG in SRM WAS but in CCM WAS (still logic no ???).

The only "CCM related" IMG point remaining in SRM or ECC is the catalog ID definition and its calling structure:

SRM IMG --> Supplier Relationship Management --> SRM Server --> Master Data --> Define External Web Services (Catalogs, Vendor Lists etc.)

This is where you define catalogs, would they be CCM, Requisite, Heiler, Poet, Supplier punch out or home made catalogs.

Hope this is clear now.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delayed response.I understand what your saying..but,i will have to revert back to my first question then:

--When SRM and CCM are on different servers,CCM will have its own IMG(logically,as you explained).

--Will it then have its own GUI to log-on?

--Will it have its own menu and nodes?

I understand that when they are sharing the same server,SRM IMG is the one we do the customization settings...but when on different servers....will CCM have its own GUI and IMG nodes?

Thanks for your patience.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

:----

(((((((((((((((

Wasn't I clear enough ?

Responses are: YES.

CCM must be installed as an addon on a WAS 640 or 700.

This WAS can be empty (I mean with SAP ABA part only) or full of components (SRM, ECC, BW...).

A WAS contains all the basis of a SAP system, and IS A SAP SYSTEM.

So you will use SAPLOGON 640 to connect to CCM server in SAP GUI mode for application & technical customizing, user ID creation, roles management, etc...

If CCM is installed on the SRM WAS, it will be as an add-on and they will co-live on the same WAS, each one in its own namespace, each one with its own objects.

You will then have only one SAP system defined in your SAP Logon.

Have you ever connected to a SAP system, a SRM system ?

Rgds

Christophe

Answers (0)