Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order creation , release and confirmation cycle

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All SAP Gurus,

I am trying to set Production order creation , release and confirmation cycle integrated to xMII.

I am sure there must be many among you who worked on this before.

So can you please share your experience.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ritesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I've done some work like you are in need of.

In MII you will need to build your whole process doing BAPI calls.

Here you go some useful functions that you might use with a short description of each:

BAPI_PRODORD_CREATE - create production orders

BAPI_PRODORD_RELEASE - release production orders

BAPI_PRODORD_GET_LIST - list production orders

BAPI_PRODORD_GET_DETAIL - get production orders details

BAPI_PRODORDCONF_CREATE_TT - does the quantity/time (time ticket) confirmation

BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE - generates the goods receipt

If you need more details about how them work use the tcode BAPI.

I hope this helps.

Ricardo

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can i have some more inputs on it?

Ideas are highly appreciated.

Regards

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesh

Could you please drive us to what exactly you're looking for?

Regards,

Ricardo

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to set a test cycle for Production order creation, release and confirmation cycle integrated to xMII.

Requirement is like that i will create PO's in R/3, transfer it to MII and release the order from MII and update its status in R/3. same thing i will repeat for operation confirmations.

I want to know does some buddy worked on same kind of requirement before, and i am sure many among you have done it before.

So please share your experience, which will be helpful for me.

Any kind of input is highly appreciated.

Regards

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I'll give you what I have been using:

- Transferring orders to MII

You can trigger the orders by tcode POIT or an equivalent BAPI (BAPI CLOI_DOWNLOAD_TRIGGER_TRANS) or have the iDOC being sent automatically whenever someone creates a new production order in R/3 (using change pointers). In both cases you will receive an iDOC in XML format from SAP with the production order information on it. After receiving this file a BLS transaction will be required to read the XML file and store it in your local DB.

- Releasing orders from MII

You can release the orders from MII using the BAPI BAPI_PRODORD_RELEASE (it will update the order status in R/3 to REL). After that you might want to update the production order status in MII local DB as well. Usually I have the bapi BAPI_PRODORD_GET_DETAIL in place in order to read the production order details whenver I need.

- Doing confirmations from MII

After the PO was released, you can do confirmations against each operation using the BAPI BAPI_PRODORDCONF_CREATE_TT. You can send up to SAP good quantity, scrap quantity, labor/machine time, etc. It's a pretty intuitive BAPI.

If your system is not ready to do goods movement automatically you will need to use BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE.

This is basically what I use in this kind of project. If you have any questions please let me know.

Regards

Ricardo

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo Carvalho,

Thanks a lot .

i am still not closing the thread with a hope that i will get few more inputs.

regards

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Just came up something else on my mind...

There is available in MII v.12 two different ways to do BAPI calls.

One is via JCO and another one via JRA conector. Usually I use JRA due to its data buffering.

Here you go some helpful links:

JRA: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/2ad4ff2d594c2de10000000a1553f6/content.htm]

JCO: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii120/helpdata/en/45/a3d75ac3b50cefe10000000a114a6b/content.htm]

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesh

"I am trying to set Production order creation , release and confirmation cycle integrated to xMII"

Have you checked Module Libraries (PP & PP-PI) provided by SAP. There are couple of transactions to try out.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/90537bfe-fd6b-2910-fda3-b04f1... [original link is broken]

Regards

Ram Upadhyay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to all of you .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

First You need to create partner profile and RFC Destinations.

All below fields need to be configured

Gwhost,

Gwserv,

Progid,

Trace = 1,

Client ,

User ,

Passwd ,

Lang = EN ,

Sysnr ,

Ashost,

Message type,

Then you can push an IDoc out of R/3 to XMII RFC Destination.

Then you need to put the data to your respective DB tables in MII(write BLS transaction to do so).

I have used below BAPI for confirmation ,Cancel,Release

BAPI_PRODORDCONF_CREATE_TT(Mainly used for Goodsmovement(backflush) and confirmation)

BAPI_PRODORDCONF_CANCEL

BAPI_PRODORD_RELEASE

Please check below blog which may be useful for you if u pass table structure(same way u can also single record)

/people/padmavathi.rao2/blog/2009/03/14/mii-odyssey-how-to-pass-table-structure-to-bapi-using-jco-interface-of-erp-system-interface-in-mii-12 (How to pass Table structure to BAPI using JCo Interface of ERP System Interface in MII 12.)

Regards,

Padma

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you decide to use POIT to download your orders, please use:

[IDOC Listener Configuration|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/bpx-community/manufacturing/how%20to%20send%20an%20idoc%20from%20sap%20ecc%20to%20the%20sap%20mii%20idoc%20listener.pdf]

to set up both ERP and MII.

Thanks,

Mike