cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I move files/originals between storage categories?

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have lots of files located in wrong storage category. Is there a way (easy) to move those files to the correct storage category?

Is there a way to "lock" users to a storage category (or maintain a default storage category) and eliminate the "choose storage category" selection box during check-in?

Regards,

Yossef

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in system preferences (in easyDMS) u can set the storage category so that will always be used and user wont get pop up for the same.

rgds

anu

0 Kudos

I'm familiar with the preference in easyDMS system.

Do I have someting like that in R3 native system?

Regards,

Yossef

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the cross apps - doc management - general - profiles you can configure a profile which can be allocated to users. In this profile you can define per application what storage category should be used so the popup doesn't appear.

0 Kudos

That's tiresome job. I'm wondering what is the logic behide that. It would be nice to do that by document type...

What about my first question? Can I move originals between storage categories?

Regards,

Yossef

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is some logic. For example, you may wish to store CAD files at a local content server, but word documents on a central one.

If i remember correctly you can put a * in the application field and do all if that's what you want.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yossi

As said by Athol Thats the only way.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

0 Kudos

OK. That was the answer for question number two. What about the first question?

I have lots of files located in wrong storage category. Is there a way (easy) to move those files to the correct storage category?

Regards,

Yossef

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think there is anything standard. There are programs to move from one repository to another but not one storage category. It would be relatively simple to write though and you might be able to just modify the exist program which is used to move between content servers.