cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS not startup after Re-installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need your help for my NWDS re-installation: I removed NWDS from Control Panel/Add or Remove programs (do I need to delete some folder or files after this?), then I installed Developer Studio from SAPInst.exe and got "Execution of Service sAP NW 7.0 SRS Developer Studio > Developer Studio has been completed successfully" meesage. But the Developer Studio did not started automatically when the installation dialog is finished. My guess is I missed some cleanup steps before the installation, but don't how to. Any suggestions / advises?

Thanks, Jin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this sap help link for startup prolems of NWDS.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/75/fa783fe3263042e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Charan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need of any additional clean up.

do I need to delete some folder or files after this?

NO

Please let us know what is the error you are getting.

Also you can check trace file which gets created.

regards,

ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganga,

Thanks for your quick reply and help. I did not get any errors, the problem is the Developer Studio

did not start automatically when the installation dialog was finished (of cause I was not asked for the workspace folder for the Developer Studio). Please advise.

Thanks, Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jin,

Request you to please click on the link of NWDS short cut and post what is the error you get after trying that.

regards,

ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this.

Specify your workspace folder path here:

Right click on the NWDS icon on your desktop

Go to Shortcut --> Target:

D:\IDE70\eclipse\SapIde.exe -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_04\bin\javaw.exe"

For example it looks like above, here you add

- data "D:\SAP\workspace"

Any new workspace path you can give the path here.

Now open the NWDS.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Charan and Ganga both very much for your reply, instruction and help.

Actually I can't find NWDS shortcut nor icon and can't find SapNetWeaverDeveloperStudio.exe neither. Seems like I never get it installed correctly although I got the successfull completionn message.

Any advise?

Thanks, Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Un-install it and try to install it in another drive or location in you machine.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

Thanks for your help. I can't uninstall it since I can't find it in program files list. I did reinstall it in different location c:\..... \IDE2 (I only have 1 drive), but got the same result.

Any advise/suggestions?

Thanks, Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its difficult to guess why it is not installing properly.

please check the prerequisites need to be done before installing it.

Like Proper Java version is installed, And it is running successfully, And JAVA_HOME path is set in evnvironmental/system variables.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

Thanks for your help. Actually my NWDS was Ok until last week I got an error "Problems during startup, Check the ".log"....." when starting NWDS. I checked .log, here is the errors in the .log file:

org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingLoaderException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Problems encountered starting up plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.resources". That's why I tried to reinstall it, so that I can say all rerequisites are done.

Is there a installation log file? Any advise?

Thanks, Jin