cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ppds

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear friends,

i have a scenarios which is make to order. when we get a sales order we run the planning run, based on the capacity available it will schedule the orders. our client needs to know what amount of work to be out sourced immedietly. i have told him that a vendor workcenter can be created and all the excess work which is not possible in house within the delivery date will be allocated to the vendors resource. Hope i was correct. Pls let me know how to create resource for a vendor and where to assign this so that in planning run it allocates work to this too.

Thanks

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

If you are carrying out capacity levelling for the resources, the excess orders that are overloaded into the buckets will be moved into the other buckets based on the resources(vendor), ie during capacity levelling, if you say 100% is your bucket capacity for the week, if the loaded orders are 120% during planning run, the balance 20% will be moved to future buckets during capacity levelling.

During this time, the orders corresponding to that 20% will be shifted.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

As you have rightly indicated, you need to create a new resource for subcontracting in R/3, maintain the capacity (whether finite or infinte), and assign it to the vendor location.

Once it is done, you need to cif it to APO.

Then using planning run, the excess orders can be made to allocate to the vendor.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sethil,

Can u pls explain in how excess orders to get allocated to vendor in Planning run.

Thanks

vinay