Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Table empty in Web Service response

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Question is more of related to Web Service. I have created a Web Service from ABAP for BAPI_PO_GETDETAIL. This BAPI is working fine in R/3.

I am using this particular Web Service in Adobe Form (using only ADOBE LIVECYCLE Designer). It's is working fine If i pass the correct Data(Purchase order no.) I'll get the O/p. In case I put a wrong PO number I am not getting the values in return Table in response. (If i test the BAPI in R/3 i m getting a message in Return table that PO no. doesn't exist)

Any Help will be appreciated.

PS; I m using Adobe liveCycle designer 7.1 and Acrobat Professional 9.

Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the WebService is not exposed, to do this goto the se80 and goto repository information system and goto Enterprise Services and goto the respective webservice and in that webservice goto the tabs Internal View and External View and in these tabs select the respective table in input or output and check the conditions "Optional" and "Exposed", do make changes to these so that you can view the table back from the WebService to the Form.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Pradeep,

After making the changes i need to test it again, or i have to make changes elsewhere.

These checkboxes are already checked for input and output paramaters. What i got through some R&D, that in case of web Service it will return only the export paramaters not the tables. As in my case for the PO number I am getting details of POHeader and PO address table which are part of export parameters, but not getting the vales for PO_ITEMS table and return table which are defined under TABLES category in BAPI_PO_GETDETAIL.

Any pointers to this will help.

Regards,

Sachin

Edited by: Sachin Dhingra on May 26, 2009 10:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is sufficient to make changes in the WebService Definition.

I communicated wrong entries, do make changes like: follow the previous steps and goto the se80 to respective webservice and do make changes in both External View and Internal View, as when you go into these views you'll find under some node "Input" and "Output", here need to do changes in tables present in the "input" and "output" as when you go into "input" or "output" to a respective table there you'll find two sections "External" and "Abap" do edit in Section "External" as Check the checkbox "Exposed" and Uncheck the checkbox "Optional" also "Min Occurr" should be "1" and "Max occurr" should be unbounded.

Make sure in the Adobe Form, for the button which you are calling the webservice, goto the object pallette of that button and goto execute tab and there check the checkbox "Re-merge form data" or if you are invoking the webservice through scripting then you make change the script like"......execute(1)...".

Regards

Pradeep Goli

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Pradeep,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I am still getting a blank table even after following the same approach,

Can you elaborate on this, how are you exactly doing this.

Please help!!

Thanks

Amita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I am also facing the same problem.

Table parametr is not displayed.

How you solved your problem?

Kindly share with me .

Thanks

Simi. A M

0 Kudos

I am facing the issue even after following the above steps. Please help.

0 Kudos

Please note:

1. WebService is generated out of a Function Module with Tables parameters

2. When you test the function module, in the output of the function, you will see that the tables parameter will have two entriies - one input and one output with the data retruned the function module

3. This second output will be the response in the web service

4. so to display the output in the adobe form, create one more subform and drag and drop the response from data connection in the data view

linus_hellsing1
Explorer
0 Kudos

A very late reply, but as I found this today and didn't quite get what SAP needed, I will share my solution. As Pradeep Goli wrote, you need to look at the checkboxes called Optional and Exposed in the external view.
In my case, I had to select "Exposed" and UNSELECT "Optional" in the Output. I ALSO had to do the same in the functions Input area. After unchecking Optional twice, I got the table when testing the web function in SE80

Good luck!

Br Linus Hellsing

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ADOBE LIVECYCLE Designer. Is this part of XI.

Varun