cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO Product Costing - Difference between HAWA & FERT Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the same settings for two Materials on the below fields: one is a HAWA and other is a FERT material;

Material Master:

1. Ind./Collective Indicator (either 1 or 2, but same in both Materials)

2. Qty Strcuctre (either Yes or No, but same in both Materials)

3. Price Control (either S or V, but same in both Materials)

BOM:

Both the HAWA and FERT has their own BOM with its components relevant for costing

Costing Variant:

1. Both follow the same Costing Varinat PPC4

2. There is no User exit active on Costing

With all the above settings remaing same between HAWA & FERT Materials, and when I do SO Product Costing,

1. BOM is exploded for FERT materials and its compoenents are costed individually to arriev at the costing of the Header Material - FERT. (in simple terms, costing happens with Qty Structure)

2. BOM is not exploded for HAWA materials but the costing refers directly to the Material Master data price of Header Material -HAWA. (in simple terms, costing happens without Qty Structure).

Can anyone explain the reason for this difference of BOM explosing happening for FERT but not for HAWA. (Note: Qty Structure does not work for HAWA even when it is set ON in its Material Master & BOM exist for HAWA Mat.)

Thanks & Regards,

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The basic thumb rule in standard is that for FERT, the Price Control should be "S" and not "V".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Yes I accepte that FERT should carry price control "S".

Can you pl help as why HAWA materials are not costed with Quantity Structure when its Material Master has Qunatity Structure Indicator On and has a BOM.

Br,

Vasu