cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to see the "navigate" button - transmit info to another window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to open a windows with customers informations : I have a table with all the customers for a country, and when I click on button "more informations", i want to open a window with historical informations on the sales for this customers.

I check on SDN to transmit informations between iviews, and the solution is to use "navigate" button in connectors. I don't have this button (only start, end, signal In, signal out, popup signal, timer, user data, datastore) and i d'ont know why...

How can I transmit informations (signal out on iview and signal in in another one can't be linked each others) to display historical informations for one customer in another window.

Thanks,

Adrien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use 'Nested iView' for this purpose. In this nested iView use operator 'Signal In' & create your futher model for customer historical analysis. By doing this you will get 'Input Port' for this nested iView. Then pass the customer from your Table,Form or Chart of the existing or main iView.

Another solution is use of Layers. Create 2 models in two different layers. You can pass values from one layer to another. You will get Tab wise navigation. There are other options also for display of layers. But Nested iView is better option try with it.

Also you can use 'Pop Up iView'. create opp up iView & in that you can create model for 'Historical Information'. So by clicking on this you can get another iview showing the required data. But this will take global variables, you can not pass value of perticular customer for it.

This will solve your problem.

Regards

Sandeep

Edited by: Sandeep Patki on May 25, 2009 1:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Nested iView runs good (parameters are transmitted), but the result is displayed on the main iview.

I want to launch another window when I click on this button.

Is it possible?

Thanks for your helpful answer !

Adrien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Then you have to create two separate iViews in one main iview. you can use layers for this. Pass the values from one view to another view. Then Create One 'Pushbutton' in Main View (Say - 'Customer' in your case). In the action of this button go to 'System Actions' & select 'Hyperlink'. Now deploy the other iview (Historical Information) separately & copy the url of this in that 'Hyperlink' button as default url. you can give Title as 'historical View' for this button

After doing all this, in runtime you will get one button in your main iview & if you click this button you will get another iview as popup. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can you create two iviews on the same one?

In a iview, you can only create nested iviews, and this kind of iviews can't be deployed (no hyperlink).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My mistake, At the start you have to select 'Page' from the 'Components'. In this you can create two iViews. Then Create first iView as it is. In Second iView start with 'Signal In'. Then you will be able to pass the input from one iView to another. Deply both the iViews separetly. In your first iview create the 'Hyperlink Button' & then copy the URL.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

And how transmit the parameters of the first iviews to the another one?

I resume :

I have one page, with two iviews...

In the first iview, i have all the informations. I want to launch a new window (iview n°2) with parameters with a button.

In this button, a create a evenement : hyperlink with the adress of the 2nd iview

In the 2nd iview, I have a "in signal".

=> How retrieve in the 2nd iview the parameters of the 1st one? "in signal" can't be link to anything on the page view.

Thanks a lot for your help, anyway... I begin VC 2 days ago...

Adrien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Dont use in signal in page. Use in signal in the secong iView. Just like 'Start Signal' place the 'In signal' & drag the line from it & join the line to your query definition. For this you must create this query definition & make sure the field you are passing from first iView is variable for that new query. (In your case ithink Customer should be variable in the query)

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's now all right, i'm able to link the two iview.

First one transmit informations to the second one.

But the result is displayed on the same page (the table)

When i use hyperlink, i'm unable to transmit informations (no parameters with hyperlink)

When i use in / out signal, i'm unable to display the result in another page.

I think the solution's not so far...

Thanks again for your help,

Adrien