Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material qty not getting transferred to delivery document

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

PLs help me to resolve the folowing scenario.

Material quantity is not getting transfered to delevery document and it shows an error that "0" material is available. When checked in MMBE ,the stock list shows availability of material. Even in schedule line of the item, it shows confirmed quanity and date.

This problem is not pertained to a single sales area as we are getting the same error for other sales area also.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The default checking rule is due to settings in item Category Special Stock E....go and remove it first..then ttry to make sales order..my dear rajesh...If it solves your pbm, reply me..

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

there are several reasons why this could be so:

1. in a MTO scenario, the inventory sourcing is from sales order stocks... even if there are stocks in unrestricted, if you run availability check in the sales order, the stock will be zero if production has not been confirmed.

2. in a MTS scenario, it could be that the MRP views of the material master have not been maintained... but since lead times were taken into account in the confirmation of the schedule lines, this is unlikely in your case.

3. also in a MTS scenario, it could be that you are overconfirming orders; you can avoid this by doing some settings using OVZ2 (refer to existing threads on this subject).

4. also check if the sales order has already been completely delivered, which is why the system can not find any relevant quantity for delivery.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan y on May 25, 2009 5:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By just checking in MMBE you cannot conclude that the material is available for the sale order. Check the availability in CO09 based on the Availability checking rule. Here if the Cum. ATP is not zero for the material on the particular date then only you can be able to do the delivery.

Here you will be able to see whether there are any other requirements for the material which has made reservations etc.

Regards,

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Check in MD04 requirements and also any safety stock is maintained for the materials

regards

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I find my checking rule as AE (Make to order) for availability, could this be a possible reason for error. what is the procedure to change the checking rule and guide me how to make it a default setting.

Thanks & regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Make To Order scenario, for whatever quantity you enter in sale order, the same will be confirmed but you can post the goods issue only when stock is made available against that particular sale order.

In MMBE if you are able to see the stock against that sale order reference, then you can proceed as otherwise, you cannot proceed further.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI friends,

We have not maintained any entry for safety stock in MRP 2 view. Also this is not happening for a single material, but to all materials irrespective of company code.

Pls explain me, where to make the assignment for availability check as the 01, AE has been defaulted in all sales documents. How to change the change the scope of check from 01, AE to 01,A for all document types.

Thanks & regards

Edited by: Sivarajesh. J on May 25, 2009 11:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Availability Check Rule is maintained in the Material Master in the Sales-General Plant view or the MRP3 view.

Also check what is the Strategy Group that is maintained in the MRP3 view.

Regards,

Karthik.

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My question is ..How it got defaulted to all document types ? This problem is not for a single material or a single company code..It happens for all sales document, irrespective of company code I craete

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not Sales Document Specific. Availability Check is based on the MRP elements i.e. Strategy Group, Availabilty Check Indicator, Checking Rule.

for.eg. if the Availability Check Indicator is maintained as 01 and the Strategy group is 20, then the Availability will happen with combination of 01, AE in the Sales order whereas if Strategy group is 10 or 40 it will happen with the combination 01, A.

Regards,

Karthik.

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends. The issue is cleared.Its because of the special stock indicator being marked as "E" in sales document item category.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ensure that no Safety Stock is maintained in MRP2 view of material master.

For information, for any material if safety stock is maintained, system will allow to do PGI only over and above the safety stock.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi