cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup MSSQL database in ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, i am doing patching for our internal ECC6 server. So i need to backup the database before run the patches. I have onliy done database backup in Oracle using Brtools. So i am not familiar with Ms Sql Server backup. Can anyone tell me step by step to do this backup and send me link or screen shot or any type of documents or guidence which help me to resolve this issue. I really appreciate a prompt reply from you guys. Would like to thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys thanks for all of your answers which really does helpful to me... Right now i have a problem which not able to find the soloution ... I want to choose my Internal Network Storage drive as Device type to backup since there is no space in my server. So I am not sure how to setup the device type which by default is tape. When i browse onli the local drive can be located in my computer. How do i save it to My Network Storage drive. Any solution for this will be helpful. Thank you.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to backup to a network drive you have to be aware that the "drive letter" is not working. You have to use a full UNC name.

The reason is, that you administer the system as user <SID>adm but the system is running under user SAPService<SID> which does not know the mapped drive.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you are able to access the network drive via OS level.

clas_hortien
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

you have to ensure that the SQL Server service (which is performing the backup) can access the share. To ensure this, start the SQL Server with an account that has enough rights on the share (domain user with write rights). You then should be able to create a backup device for the network share with

use master

exec sp_addumpdevice 'DISK','MyNetworkShare', '
server\sharename\path\filename.bak'

Then you should be able to perform a backup via DB13 to this device or directly with TSQL running

backup database <SID> to MyNetworkShare

Best regards

Clas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

If you dont want to get into the DB administration details at OS level, you can do it using transaction DB13 in R/3 itself.

The transaction screens are self explanatory!

BR,

Saurabh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Follow the bellow steps:

-->start -->program -->mysqlserver version >sql server management studio>>Login with mysql server authentication -->expend the database -->right click on that database,go to task --> click on that backup -->select the destination backup path

Best Regards,

kk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please look at this[http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/BCDBMSSDBA/BCDBMSSDBA.pdf]

Regards,

Muralidhar