cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context issue: transform RFC output to structure in context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm new to web Dynpro and I have following problem.

I have a structure in the context as follows.

structure (0..1)

--->Store (0...n)

------>Headers(0...n)

----

>Lines(0...n)

so, a structure has stores. each store has headers and each header has lines.

the data for this structure comes from an RFC and the output containes HEADERS and LINES. HEADERS and LINES both contain a Store field and they are linked in that way.

my question: How do I transform the sturcture from RFC to the structure in context? how do I create the elements in the coresponding element? is this possible.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alperen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge it is possible.

You can create the context strucure like below as per your requriement.

Hope this helps you to proceed.

1. Child Nodes as Singleton - false

Structure - 0-1

-

> Stores - 0-n (Singleton - false)

-

> Headers - 0-n (Singleton - false)

-

> Lines - 0-n (Singleton - false)

Note: If you follows this approach, you can populate all the data (including child nodes) at one shot.

Because as these child nodes (Singleton - false)are capable of holding data for more than one parent element.

Here for each instance of parent node(element) there will be corresponding instance of child node.

2. Child Nodes as Singleton - true

Structure - 0-1

-

> Stores - 0-n (Singleton - true)

-

> Headers - 0-n (Singleton - true)

-

> Lines - 0-n (Singleton - true)

Note: If you follows this approach you need populate the corresponding child data for every parent element in supply function of that child node when the prent nodes lead selection changes. Because here child nodes are not capable of holding all the child data for all the parent node intances(elements) at any time.

Here only a single instance will be there for all the instances of parent node(). Based on the lead selection of parent node the corresponding child data need to be filled in child node instance in supply function.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Charan,

Indeed that made a difference.

Regards,

Alperen

Answers (0)