cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM: After reactivating monitoring always send alert msg's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

everytime, when I change something in the business process monitoring setup and "generate and activate monitoring", we got alert messages at the next check, which are wrong.

But it's only the first check after activating, at the second one all alerts are correct.

Does anyone know, why wrong alerts were send out at the first check and how to fix that?

SAP Basis component: release 700 level 15

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Regards,

Marcel

Edited by: Marcel Winder on May 25, 2009 9:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Marcel,

can you perhaps specify your situation a little more. What kind of monitors were configured? Background job monitoring or also others? Which monitors provide an allegedly wrong alert? All of them or just some of them?

The important software components are ST, ST-SER, ST-PI and ST-A/PI. The basis release is not relevant for monitoring.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

in this case I only monitor background jobs.

I check the start delay and whether the job was cancelled and every time when i generate and activate it, I got an email (at the next check, not immediately) telling me that the jobs weren't started yet, but they were started.

I got this error for every job, but as mentioned only at the first check, one day later all checks work as intended.

component.......version...............release

ST...................400....................0016

ST-SER...........700_2008_1........0003

ST-PI...............2005_1_700........0006

ST-A/PI............01K_CRM560.....0000

Best Regards,

Marcel

0 Kudos

Hello Marcel,

this behaviour was corrected with the latest ST-PI release that needs to be implemented on the backend system (not Solution Manager). With the new ST-PI the monitoring only starts the day after the activation for this one specific alert type (job not started).

You can find the latest ST-PI (as well as ST-A/PI) under https://service.sap.com/supporttools.

Otherwise if you would encounter any functional issues you can also create an OSS message on component SV-SMG-MON-BPM.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

thanks a lot for your answer!

Best Regards,

Marcel

Answers (0)