SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from Former budgeting to BCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

is there anybody who has experience with migration from FB to BCS?

If yes, which method have you used - from scratch, migrating totals or migrating documents and what

problems have you met during the course of migrating?

Thank you in advance,

Toni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did this migration in some 8-10 projects; all sorts of methods. Normally, if you follow the steps which are described in help.sap.com you should not encounter any problems, if you have no special developments done in FM.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did this migration in some 8-10 projects; all sorts of methods. Normally, if you follow the steps which are described in help.sap.com you should not encounter any problems, if you have no special developments done in FM.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Eli.

Yes, there is a lot of development but I guess it has to be adapted after the migration.

And something else, if you use the "from scratch" scenario for migration to BCS, will you be able to use the custom reports based on FB tables if you don't change them?

BR,

Toni

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not get your question... Former budget tables become irrelevant with the activation of BCS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Yes, but in SAP help I've read somewhere that you can still access FB data if you need to use it for reporting purposes. So I was wondering if I can still use the custom-developed reports based on FB if their source is not updated to BCS tables ... do you think that is possible?

BR,

Toni

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure, why not? But of course only for data before the migration.