cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intrested in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm a TPF(Mainframe) Developer.I'm looking forward to switch pver my skill by taking up SAP as I believe it's very much in demand world wide.Here are afew questions I would like to ask if any of you could help me out with it.

1) If I would to take up SAP,What should I major in SAP as they have afew option.ex(CRM,HR..)

2)If I would to switch my skill,Will my experience in TPF be counted as I have spent almost 4 Years in TPF.

3) What would be the Basic salary (Roughly market price) if I would to take up SAP.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thank You,

Gaurav G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gaurav. nice to know that you are interested in SAP. I am working sales consultant and hope i am in a correct position to answer your query.

There are two career lines in SAP:

1 Technical

2 Functional

Your experience and background will certainly be useful for Technical applications of SAP modules which is called as ABAP.

There are few authorised training centers: Genovate and Siemens...

Thanks

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

It depends on your interests on the field you want to choose for SAP. But whatever field you mentioned are all functional areas in SAP. For all these functional areas you need to have functional or domain knowledge like Finance, or Materials Management, HR. There is something like technical side of SAP. It is the programming side in SAP. Here the programming language used is known as ABAP which is a 4th generation language and is pretty easy to learn. I think that would be the best option for you to start with and then once you have entered into SAP, you can explore other functional areas as well and move to functional side.

And as far as your experience, it will not be considered as SAP relevant experience, however it will be counted as overall experience for people management skills.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi. This is Nishant here. I would like to know the difference between :

1. CRM

2 SD module

i am working as a Sales Consultant and into selling of Engineering and Enterprise services for auto and aero OEM with some flavor of consumer goods industry. I have consolidated experience of ~ 2 years . I would like to go for SAP certification . I am pretty confused about the module selection and training centre for the same.

Authorised ones like Siemens and Genovate are charging heavily~ 3 lcs whereas unauthorized ones are charging 50-70 k ( all inclusive)..

Can you please share your thoughts on this?

Also i would like to know about you ( JOB PROFILE, Company etctc )

Regards

Nishant