cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Logon Pad - iView?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

is it possible to integrate the sap logon pad within an iview?

Or what kind of start page do you use when using sso with portal..?

Regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member205624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

You can create a Transection iView for SAPGUI.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input,

I tried session_manager iview : did not work.

Now Iam asking myself, SAPGUI Transaction iview works, but which system should I choose?

I want to view my logon pad with the systems within ..

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned, you can't see your SAP logon pad. It's a Windows app. The portal doesn't know it exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I guess it wouldnt be possible to have the logon pad with all the systems present. You could alternatively create iviews for each system and present them on a page in the portal. The user could select the appropriate system and get logged in.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

this would be a good way,

how do I choose the systems?

How to set up a link for them?

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Try to create Transaction iViews for each of the systems you wish to allow the users to logon. Once this is done, create a Portal Role and assign these iviews to that role.

Assign the role to users and test.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

thats the way I already have ... what I meant was a startpage or something like this,

is it possible to setup a link on these transaction iviews?

that i have a HTML start site with a link to the transaction iview?

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you could also create an HTML page which would have links to all the systems. But in the hyperlink property you would have to specify a url which should link back to the PCD path of the iview you have created.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

how do I get this link?

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't really link to a system but to a client in a system. That's the difference between the logon pad and systems in the portal system landscape directory.

It would be quite easy to make a little portal component that listed all the system aliases and started SAPGUI, but which client number would you enter? That's why I suggested a system in the portal SLD with a non existent client number...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

what is the result of this,

I will test, but Iam not sure I understand what I will get with this solution...

I tested now, and i just got the logon screen,

could you explain it in more detail please?

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by: Christian Cz. on May 25, 2009 9:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to simulate the logon pad, then you want the user to be able to enter the client to log in to. If you have a real client in the portal SLD and SSO is working, then they will be logged in directly without being able to enter a client number. If you are OK with this, then leave a real client number in the sld...

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes Iam okay with the direct login to the clients,

but Iam looking for a method to have a start page,

where I have a link on it, if I click on the link, the transaction iview opens which guides me directly to the system

how is it possible to realize such a Link on this start page?

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I think it is possible for you to realize a landing page like that.

<html>
	<head></head>
	<body>
		<a href = "http://<server>:<porta>/irj/portal?NavigationTarget=pcd_path_of_your_iview_4_systemA">System A</a>
		<a href = "http://<server>:<porta>/irj/portal?NavigationTarget=pcd_path_of_your_iview_4_systemB">System B</a>
	</body>
<html>

Create an HTML page similar to the code snippet above and see if that's what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's a framework for a portal component that presents a list of system aliases in a drop down box, allows for the entry of a transaction code (defaulting to SMEN, which brings up the easy access menu) and a Go button. Pressing go starts WinGui. You don't need to make multiple iView - the component started knows how to read the connector information.

package com.sap.anz;

import com.sap.portal.pcm.system.ISystems;
import com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent;
import com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.IPortalComponentRequest;
import com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.IPortalComponentResponse;
import com.sapportals.portal.prt.runtime.PortalRuntime;

public class Default extends AbstractPortalComponent
{
    public void doContent(IPortalComponentRequest request, IPortalComponentResponse response)
    {
		ISystems systems = (ISystems)PortalRuntime.getRuntimeResources().getService(ISystems.KEY);
		String[] defaultAliases = systems.getAliases();
		response.write("<form action=\"com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.Transaction\" method=\"post\"><select name=\"System\" >");
		for (int i=0;i < defaultAliases.length;i++)
			response.write("<option  value=\""+defaultAliases<i>+"\">"+defaultAliases<i>+"</option>");
		response.write("</select>");
		response.write("<br><input type=\"text\" name=\"TCode\" value=\"SMEN\" size=\"64\" >");
		response.write("<br><input type=\"text\" name=\"GuiType\" value=\"WinGui\" size=\"10\" >");
		response.write("<br><input type=\"submit\" name=\"$action\" value=\"go\" > ");
		response.write("</form>");

}
}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

for me:

ISystems systems =

(ISystems) PortalRuntime.getRuntimeResources().getService(

ISystems.KEY);

could not be resolved as a type ... ?

Any libraries / special classes needed?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll need this portalapp.xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application>
  <application-config>
      <property name="ServicesReference" value="knowledgemanagement,com.sap.portal.usermanagement,htmlb,com.sap.portal.pcd.glservice,com.sap.portal.ivs.api_iview,com.sap.portal.ivs.api_landscape,com.sap.portal.pcd.transportapplication,com.sap.portal.runtime.system.clusterinformation,com.sap.portal.ivs.connectorservice,com.sap.portal.ivs.api_dynamicSystemService"/>
  </application-config>
  <components>
    <component name="Default">
      <component-config>
        <property name="ClassName" value="com.sap.anz.Default"/>
      </component-config>
      <component-profile/>
    </component>
  </components>
  <services/>
</application>

and a few libraries. I use a class/library locator to find all the libraries, but as a minimum you'll need

com.sap.portal.ivs.api_landscape_api.jar and com.sap.portal.ivs.api_portalpcm_api.jar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam sure that I need,

these JAR files:

● com.sap.portal.ivs.api_iview_api.jar

● com.sap.portal.ivs.api_landscape_api.jar (for ISystem, ISystems)

(SAP Help)

but where to get them? If I add want to add them, they are not available so .. where do I get the portal *jars from ?

thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are on your portal server. If you look far enough under \usr\sap\<SID> they will be there. Just copy them to your desktop and tell Eclipse where the are using Project -> Properties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

got that,

but there are some dependencies to other jars I think ... still missing,

where do it get this "locator" ?

thanks!

this error:

The project was not built since its classpath is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for com.sap.portal.pcm.IObjectsManager. Fix the classpath then try rebuilding this project.

This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type com.sap.portal.pcm.IObjectsManager (typically some required class file is referencing a type outside the classpath)

Edited by: Christian Cz. on May 27, 2009 8:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out this forum post. It talks about a spreadsheet and a class locator tool...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

got the class locator and used it...

still getting the error message:

The project was not built since its classpath is incomplete.

Cannot find the class file for com.sap.portal.pcm.IObjectsManager.

Fix the classpath then try rebuilding this project.

This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type

com.sap.portal.pcm.IObjectsManager (typically some required

class file is referencing a type outside the classpath)

any idea how this could get solved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your class locator should be able to find IObjectsManager. On my system it's in com.sap.portal.ivs.api_portalpcm_api.jar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Iam getting this error:

08:50_29/05/09_0003_9953650

[EXCEPTION]

java.lang.ClassCastException

at com.harman.portalAliasReader.doContent(portalAliasReader.java:14)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.doPreview(AbstractPortalComponent.java:240)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.serviceDeprecated(AbstractPortalComponent.java:168)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.service(AbstractPortalComponent.java:114)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.callPortalComponent(PortalRequestManager.java:328)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:136)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:189)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentResponse.include(PortalComponentResponse.java:215)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.pom.PortalNode.service(PortalNode.java:645)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.callPortalComponent(PortalRequestManager.java:328)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:136)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:189)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.runRequestCycle(PortalRequestManager.java:753)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.connection.ServletConnection.handleRequest(ServletConnection.java:240)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher$doService.run(Dispatcher.java:524)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher.service(Dispatcher.java:407)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.servlet.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:156)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:401)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:386)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:364)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:1039)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:265)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:175)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:104)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's at line 14 of the code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

13 ISystems systems =

14 (ISystems) PortalRuntime.getRuntimeResources().getService(

15 ISystems.KEY);

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does your portalapp.xml look correct as per the wiki?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam not sure which wiki you mean?

thats how it looks:

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3869/40862188.png

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whoops, not a wiki.

I posted the portalapp.xml a few replies ago which had some sharing references...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its working,

thank you!

how do I deploy this par to my development portal?

I actually tested it only on my local portal which I deployed via NWDS ... if I export the .par file .. how could this be imported manually? without NWDS?

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add another portal to your NWDS - Windows -> preferences -> SAP enterprise portal -> add and point to your dev portal. The other way is to find the par file on your desktop and use the portal admin tool on your dev portal (system admin -> support -> portal run time -> admin console) to upload the par file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP logon pad is effectively a menu, so you could make a system in the portal's system landscape for each entry. Then set a non-existent client number in each system definition and add an alias. Now when you start a SAPGUI iView it will fail to logon and give you an SAP logon window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

but I dont want any SAP Logon Screen,

I want the SAP Logon Pad ..

I want to integrate this:

http://support.citrix.com/article/html/images/CTX103173-1.gif

But I dont know what the best way is for choosing these systems..

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Once SSO is done, you call go ahead and create a Transaction iView within the portal. You can also select the options which suits you best....either a txn iview in html or via logon pad. If you simply want the sap logon pad to open up in the default view then use the tcode session_manager.

Thanks,

GLM