Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re: background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When i run program , if it takes more than 15 minutes it raises the shortdump in my landscape system. So users asked me when ever it takes 15 minutes it should go to directly to background. HOw it is achievable.

I appreciate your help.

rgds

p. krishna prasad

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you can schedule a program in background from half way. You will have to submit the program in the background in the begining.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can submit the job in background mode in the middle of processing by using job_open, job_close and job_submit FM's.

Regards.

Lavanya.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The question, I am executing a program and after 15 minutes, I want to submit the program in the background. If inside a loop at the time of 15 minutes, how are you going to come out, unless you are looking the at execution time and after minutes you come out of the loop and submit the same report in the background.

Yes, you can dynamically schedule a job using JOB_OPEN, JOB_SUBMIT and JOB_CLOSE functions.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I would suggest that try to performance tune the program if possible. Scheduling the programm in background jobs is not a good soultion always for program taking time. Most of the programs can definitely be performance tunned to run for shorter times.

I think its better to analyze the programs and tune it.

Cheers

VJ