cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound and Outbound

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please provide an example for Inbound and Outbound terms for SAP AutoId scenario?

Regards

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Let us take an example of an Inbound and Outbound Scenarios. Let us talk of Outbound Scenario first.

Outbound Scenario:

As a pharma manufacturer i have a requirement of tracking my pharma units at the case level. I have manufactured my medicines which get packed at the manufacturing location itself and gets distributed to a distribution center. Now in distributon center i pack my cases into pallets and send them for retail outlets. The tracking which i do at case level at the release of these goods/medicines is an outbound scenario.

Inbound Scenario:

Similarly lets take a scenario of an inbound scenario. I am a retailer or a customer. A distribution center is sending me goods against the purchase order. The sender sends me the goods and also sends an ASN. Now i receive ASN and after that goods are also received. On reading the affixed RFID tags i can read against the ASN what goods with which serial numbers arrived. This automates by Inbound scenario.

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://www.logcentre.org/demos/pharma/Pharma_Final_Illustration(Resized%20900x439).swf

Check out the above link. It has wonderful explanation of various RFID scenarios.

It will be very helpful..

Regards,

Yogesh Bhatia

Answers (0)