Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problem with changed IDoc structure

I have a IDoc to file scenario which has been developed / tested earlier. The IDoc structure has now changed and I need to make the corresponding changes in my scenario. I re-imported the IDoc and then tried to open the message mapping but it now displays a processing log which says.

<i>The source or target structure has been changed or could not be found in the Integration Repository. The mapping definition contains elements or attributes that do not exist in the changed structure. The relevant entries will be deleted

Source path not found</i>

Even though I didnt activate and rejected the change for the re-imported IDoc structure the error with message mapping still gets displayed.

replied

Hi Amol,

Since the structure of IDOC is used directly from the imported IDOC in Message Mapping, the system is unable to get the previous version too. So the only way i think is to re-import the previous IDOC structure, then you can retrieve your previous Mapping.

And also, i think not all the mappings will be lost, due to the change in structure. Only those target mappings for which a element is deleted in the new Structure the mappings will be deleted.

regards,

P.Venkat

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question