cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with changed IDoc structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a IDoc to file scenario which has been developed / tested earlier. The IDoc structure has now changed and I need to make the corresponding changes in my scenario. I re-imported the IDoc and then tried to open the message mapping but it now displays a processing log which says.

<i>The source or target structure has been changed or could not be found in the Integration Repository. The mapping definition contains elements or attributes that do not exist in the changed structure. The relevant entries will be deleted

Source path not found</i>

Even though I didnt activate and rejected the change for the re-imported IDoc structure the error with message mapping still gets displayed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

If you wish to get the previous mapping,

Open the Mapping(Click OK even if the error message is displayed), select

Message Mapping -> History

This will show the previous activated versions of the mapping and select the one that you need.

If mapping With new structure is needed then you have to Redo the mapping.

regards,

P.Venkat

Message was edited by: Venkataramanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

I tried to open the latest one from the history, it still gives me the same error. It works fine with other user login but..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Since the structure of IDOC is used directly from the imported IDOC in Message Mapping, the system is unable to get the previous version too. So the only way i think is to re-import the previous IDOC structure, then you can retrieve your previous Mapping.

And also, i think not all the mappings will be lost, due to the change in structure. Only those target mappings for which a element is deleted in the new Structure the mappings will be deleted.

regards,

P.Venkat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

When you re import the idoc only those fields which are changes/added will reflect without mapping. Other mapping will not be lost.

You can retrive the old mapping as Idoc is mapped directly and the metadata has changed as you have imported the new idoc.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This message will occur each time you do a change to your objects in the repository that are being reference by other objects.

After you re-import the idoc, make sure that you use this idoc structure for your mapping.

Double click on your mapping, go to messages tab, and delete the previous idoc entry, and enter the new one.

You would have to do the mapping again though.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amol,

if the structure of the idoc has changed then u hav to again perform the mapping with new idoc structure.

even in a normal fiel to file scenario if the structure of the message type is changed then u have again do the mapping with the new message type.

so u have to perform the mapping again.

regards

jithesh