cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to see decrease of table size & size of tablespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I wander is it possible to see decrease of table size & size of tablespace(in db02 or in brtools). I have in mind decrease due to archiving in XI.

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible to decrease of table size & inturn size of tablespace.

You can go for table reorg.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70c8f19f-8010-2c10-ac89-8d828039....

Check SAP Note 541538 - FAQ: Reorganization

Also

1.From DB02--> detail analysis menu you can take out top 50 tables & indexes. you can mark the size of the index should be generally less than the table.If its more or very much similar size of table, you can rebuild it using SE14. This can free some space.

or else you may use brspace to do this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/58/6bec38c9fa7e44b7f2163905863575/frameset.htm

In case of table this option is risky as it may result in data loss.

2. Earlywatch alert gives the top 20 degenrated index. you can check that which also gives a factor 'storage quality'.

3. Run report SAP_DROP_TMPTABLES. It removes temporary database objects. ( we do this in our BW system)

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sushil

Edited by: Sushil Suryawanshi on May 25, 2009 1:30 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes It is possible by Brtools Utility. But keep in mind it is very risky process as per Data availability point of view. because before doing this u have to transfer data of that table in to a Temp table. so my suggestion is before doing this kindly refer SAP Note 48009 for Table ACCTIT (for example).

Technicall it is possible that u decrease the Logical Size of Table and Tablespace.

Thanks

Presu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ys ,its possible. You can reorganize tables tablesapce.

brspace -f tbreorg -t <tableName>

brspace -f tbreorg -s <SourceTBS> -t "*" -n <targetTBS>

Regards

SurendraJain