cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error from transport in BWQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried to transport my requests to BWQ and they failed. Here are error messages. Can someone help me to resolve them? Thanks.

1) Enchancement catogory for table missing

2) Structure change at field level (convert table /BIC/FZCMS_RT01)

3) table/BIC/EZCMS_RT01 wasnot activated (error in dependencies)

4) view/BIC/VZCMS_RT01F canot be activated

Where can I look at those tables and views and fix them? Thanks.

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi John,

it seems you change the 'structure'of infocube FZCMS_RT01(add new infoobject to dimension ?), and in bwq there is data in that cube. you may need to delete the data in that infocube.

se11 can be used to check view/table/structure.

se14 menu extras->force conversion is used to convert table. but not sure it would help in this case.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P.

1) Do you mean that I changed 'standard structur'? I created this zxx cube by coping standard CRM CUBE and adding some zxxxx IOs. However, I didn't need some of them anymore so I deleted them in the BW Dev and tried to delete them in the BWQ.

2) Do you mean if I change my cube structure, I need to delete data before I transport my changed structure? I added few zxxx IOs and transported to cube but didn't need to delete data in the cube.

Thanks

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AHP,

Can you confirm one simple concept for me?

Each demension is one table, right?

Thanks

J.

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi John,

i mean you changed the infocube by add some infoobjects.

not always need to delete data, it seems if we change existing dimension (e.g add characteristic or delete characteristic or 're-organize' dimension) then we need to delete infocube contents first. but if add new infoobject and create new dimension and assign to it, no need to delete data.

however, some experienced that they add new infoobject without deleting data and it just works fine (not sure because their BWQ or Production is opened for changes, may need to 'simulate').

so if you can delete data in BWQ, it may drive away the error.

hope this helps.

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi John,

yes, each dimension is one table,

you can see the tables of infocube with transaction LISTSCHEMA. dimension tables are /BIC/D[infocubename]x.

perhaps this doc useful

http://help.sap.com/bp_biv235/BI_EN/documentation/Multi-dimensional_modeling_EN.doc

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P,

I have a doubt. Normally this ttransport error occurs only if we Remove a field from the cube for which data has been already loaded. I dont think adding new field will lead to transport error if the cube has data.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Cheers!

Bhuvana.

Answers (0)