cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Line Item Display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a peculiar situation. There are 4 line items which correspond to the invoices(document type RN-Vendor Invoice) that are due on a particular day. After the payment run F110 is ran, in the vendor line item display we have to see a single line item which corresponds to the payment made. Instead of showing one line item it is showing two line items but the check amount that is sent to the vendor is the same as sum of the four invoices. Here is an example:

Vendor line items before F110 has run:

Doc Type Invoice Amount

RN $177

RN $123

RN $50

RN $250

After F110:

ZP $250

ZP $350

Infact it has to show only one line item for $600. I can't figure out what could be the problem. Can anyone please help me.

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business Area is not in use. Moreover, this problem is not happening for all payments though happening frequently. I am unable to connect those random cases and make a logic or a pattern out of it. Has anybody encountered a similar issue in 4.6C

Thanks,

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to transaction XK03 and display the vendor master data for that particular vendor in question.

Make sure there is no grouping key defined in the Automatic payment transactions block.

This will prevent grouping of line items when processing them during a pay run.

Also few other checks to make are

1. check to see if the payment methods on the line items are the same. If they are different, it is grouping to group the line items having the same payment meethod together.

2. Also check to see if the currency is different in the line items. That could result in grouping of line items into 2 payment lines

Message was edited by: Deepa Karuppiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

The issue is not grouping during payment run because of a grouping key or different payment methods or currencies. When different invoices falling due on the same day are paid in a payment run thru F110, a single cheque for all the due items is generated; which is correct. But when you check the line item generated for this payment in FBL1N, you see the vendor being debited twice (amount split which totals to the cheque value )and the bank clearing a/c ( for the value of the cheque )once. Normally that should not happen and what should happen is vendor a/c has to be debited only once for the entire value of the cheque. We are unable to understand the reason for two vendor line items. Also, it is not happening all the times but only occassionally.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the posting dates of the vendor invoice documents that were processed.

See if the ones that get grouped together in one ZP document have the same posting date.

I have seen this happen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

We too have recently started encountering similar problem. Could you find a solution to the problem, if so, would you pls. let me know what and how you did it.

Thanks,

Jagdish

314-537-6449

dominic_holdstock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Are you using Business Areas? If yes then it is usual for the payment to be split according to the Business areas of the original invoices.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

This depends on the following factors:

1. Please check the configuration of "Maintenance of company code data for a payment method". This step would have the following fields:

a)Single payment for marked item: If you select this checkbox then open items containing this payment method would be paid individually.

b)Payment per due day: <b>If you have selected this then the program will group all open items that are due on the same day and they will be paid with a single payment</b>

I believe in your case, the payment method in question would have the field 'Payment per due day' checked.

Please let me know if it solves your problem.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

First, we have single payment for marked item checked.

When the payment is run, it will pick up the open items and will process the payment for any number of invoices but has to show only one line item (In the line item display for the vendor) with ZP doc type after payment. This had been the situation before.

Now, if there are 4 invoices and we run F110, it is picking up all the invoices and is printing a single check to the vendor for the sum of the 4 invoices.

The problem is with the line item display for that vendor. Here is showing two line items with the same document number but with split amounts.

As I gave an example, it has to show only single line item with doc type ZP for $600. Instead, it is showing two line items one for $350 (17712350) and $250. I dont know why. Please help me.

Thanks,

Raj