cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

During planning a project, there are certain things that need to be input repeatedly. In order to provide ease of operations to user, can we make the following things default:

1. Operative indicator: Planning indicator to be tick always by default.

2. Progress Version field by default same for all objects ( as we are using same progress version for WBS/Activities/Activity elements

3. When work Center selected, only activity types assigned that particular work center shall be available in F4 and not all.

Regards,

VDS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Create a Substation as below:

Prerequisite =PRPS-PLAKZ = ''

Substitutions=Planning elem Constant value X

and enter the substitution in your project profile.when u will create a project after you save automatically system will tick the planning element.

2.Define Measurement Method as Default Value for your controlling area and while creating a project you need to select the version in WBSE or Network Activities.

3. Default the Activity type in work center so while entering work center in activity the default Activity type will come.

Thanks

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Muzamil,

But for point no. 2 regarding the Progress Analysis version, I have already defaulted the measurement method.

My requirement is, for a big project structure having several WBSEs and thousands of activities, and actvivyt elements, for every object user has to go to the object "Progress" tab and enter the Progress Version individually.

How can we make it defaulted, so that multiple entries can be avoided.

Regards,

VDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know whether it is possible in Std SAP to automatically set progress version in WBSE and Activities .But manually you can enter and it is time consuming if you have lot of WBSE and Activities.

So lets wait for other guys to answer this question..........................

Thanks

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have some thing about point1

to make the planning element default, no need to go for substitution......

go to planning profile...

there is a filed for planning element, tick it and it will be defaulted for all WBS elements...............

Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suyra,

I think it is not possible if you tick the Planning indicator in planning profile and it will be defaulted for all WBS elements.

This indicator controls whether a cost planning is possible only in those WBS elements which were defined as planning elements.

If you do not set this indicator, you can carry out cost planning in any WBS element.

Thanks,

Muzamil