cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems during startup NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Need your help: I got an error "Problems during startup, Check the ".log"....." when starting NWDS. I checked .log, here is the errors:

org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingLoaderException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Problems encountered starting up plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.resources".

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.internalDoPluginActivation(PluginDescriptor.java:754)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.doPluginActivation(PluginDescriptor.java:188)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginClassLoader.activatePlugin(PluginClassLoader.java:112)

Any suggestions/advises?

Thanks, Jin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check this thread , hope may give you some idea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Murali for your help and link.

I followed the suggestion to delete "org.eclipse.core.resources" plugin from the directory .... though I can open NWDS but all Explorers are empty now (I have lots of stuff there)..... when I recovered original one back, I get the same problem again. Any suggestions / advises?

Thanks, Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this, If you have not already tried.

In your old workspace , delete the .metadata folder and then try to recover it back by giving

-data "C:\SAP/WorkSpace" in NWDS shortcut properties.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

I'm afraid I will loose all my work if I delete the .metadata folder, sorry I'm not clear your suggestion. Could you please advise me more detail steps (i.e. where to put -data "C:\SAP\WorkSpace" in NWDS shortcut properties?)?

Thanks, Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take the backup of .metadata folder, then delete that from your workspace.

If you delete the .metadata file - It will no do any harm to your existing projects in your workspace.

But you need to import them into the NWDS again.

If there is any issue you delete the new .metadata and place the old backup .metadata.

There are no issues. I did that just now

Or

Instead of deleting the .metadata you can try giving the new workspace in -data of NWDS.

And in new workspace copy your old projects (from old workspace) and import them again into NWDS.

How to give -data

Right click on NWDS shortcut on desktop and in shortcut tab

in target input:

For example already you have like this

D:\IDE70\eclipse\SapIde.exe -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_04\bin\javaw.exe"

then at the end add

-data "C:\NewWorkspace"

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Charan for your great help and for giving such detail info.

Answers (0)