Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to process RTF files in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

In addition to this thread , where i got all my answers,

Request you to let me know if anyone has tried processing rtf files in XI?its not just a plain transfer, there is a good amount of mapping to be done as well keeping the target structure and business requirement .

what is the best approach for the above?

Regards,

Tauseef

Edited by: Ibrahim on May 24, 2009 10:00 AM

Edited by: Ibrahim on May 24, 2009 10:02 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

mia kulpa,

I thought it was another studio to convert files to xml formats and manually post them on ftp, before I read more on conversion agent.

This is a start off with a couple of customers , where different customers are sending files to the ftp in different formats and with many more formats expected perhaps SAP Conversion Agent is the easier way out .

Thanks a lot Michal and Shabz

Regards,

Tauseef

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you expect many other strange formats like excel, word, etc.

then SAP conversion agent is the right tool

(but remember SAP conversion agent modules are added to the

standard XI modules like in FTP adapter but there is an additional licence for that)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> This is a start off with a couple of customers , where different customers are sending files to the ftp in different formats and with many more formats expected perhaps SAP Conversion Agent is the easier way out .

well if the client is able to bear the cost involved when using Conversion Agent it is indeed the best way to go.

As mentioned by Mike, it is suggested that you have a study on the interface types you will have in your landscape. If there is a need to process various types of messages say PDF, Excel, Word and other types on a wide scale then go for CA. Else i guess custom coding using libraries will be better.

it all comes down to the affordability factor i guess

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0c63b84-19e5-2910-fc81-f4387165...

you can also search for CA in SDN. You will find many blogs on the same.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try the open office api - http://faq.javaranch.com/java/AccessingFileFormats

Additional Ref: /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/05/17/trouble-writing-out-a-pdf-in-xipi

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the easiest way would be to do with the use of

SAP conversion agent as it can process multiple types of

non structured documents like PDFs, doc, excel, etc.

if you don't have that you can try with a java adapter module

(with a standard file adapter)

I'm sure there are java libraries that can handle reading RTF files

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

The requirement is such that, the files coming in will be posted on the ftp, and XI wil have to pick them up and do the mapping as per business requirement.hence manual intervention for each rtf or xls file does not look feasible.

So, could you let me know how I can make the process automated if i use the conversion agent?

Thank you

Regards,

Tauseef

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>So, could you let me know how I can make the process automated if i use the conversion agent?

the conversion agent can read automatically RTF files and create an XML

with data from it - and XML you can easily map in XI

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk