cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM-Inspection methods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am assigning a document to an inspection method but when i am trying to do so i am getting an error message.

Network address DEFAULT of your computer is not maintained

Message no. 26068

Diagnosis

The system variable "hostname" is not set for your frontend computer.

Procedure

In the IMG for document management, you need to make an entry with the network address DEFAULT and assign this entry to a data carrier type. yp zuordnen. All frontend computers which do not have the system variable "hostname" are then assigned to this data carrier type.

I went into DMS>General data> Identify front end computers and Data carrier type but since its a cross client setting and i was not very clear what sort implication it will have so i did not maintain the settings there.

Please let know how to proceed.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ram

Edited by: RAMKUMAR WARIYAR on May 23, 2009 5:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Execute DC20 transaction,

Cilck on Define data carrier type "server, front end" and click on new entry

enter the following

Ty Description Path

PC PC mit Windows C:\temp

Press enter, then select the same line and click on

"Identify frontend computers"

make following entry

Data carrier TY Net adress Description

DEFAULT PC DEFAULT PC no hostname

This will solve ur problem

Also refer this link,

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=284434&p=863155

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brahmankar,

Thanks for your valuable inputs and guidance my problem has been solved

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Apologies for linking my query here. Ive encountered the same error and I dont know what details i need to input on Define Data Carrier Type "server, front end". The screen shows 1.) Type (data carr. type), 2.) Description, 3.) Path and 4.) Cad system. Please help me what should details i need to input. Kindly provide a sample which i can use. I believe there is another one requirement for the Identify frontend computers 1.) Type (data carr. type) 2.) Description.

My requirement is really to print MSDS during printing of Delivery Reciept and I understand the above procedure is the very initial step to move to the next step. Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Im sorry I overlooked some of the statements of Rupesh. Please disregard my inquiry. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are on correct track, while assigning network address to data carrier type the message will appear as it is an cross client setting but go ahead and do the setting. It will not affect any where.

It will solve your error message problem also

For more information about DMS please refer following link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/plm/sapDocumentManagement+%2528CA-DMS%2529

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vinay,

Thanks for your valuable inputs,my problem has been solved

Regards

Ram

Edited by: RAMKUMAR WARIYAR on May 25, 2009 4:32 PM