cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to take the back up of MPOS and planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

i am using apo dp version 5.0 .We are trying to adding a new key kigfigures in our planning object structure and planning area .

so,we are trying take a back up of our Planning objects structure and planning Area .

1.How to take the back up of MPOS and Planning area ?

2. How loading back the data in to the same MPOS and Planning area after adding some keyfigures to MPOS and planning area.?

I gone thru the www.help.sap.com but i did not understand properly .

I would really appreciate if somebody clearly eleborate the procedural steps .

Thanks!

Kriss.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kriss,

You need to create a new Infocube and you need to load the data from your Info Area to Info Cube. Once you made the changes to your planning area then load the data from Infocube (the one you newly created) to Planning Area. The same is valid when you are upgrading your existing SCM/APO to higher version.

Thanks,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you satya ,

if you dont mind can you pls provide me the step by stepy procedure ?

Thanks!

kriss.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kriss,

for step by step I need to understand which characteristics and key figure you are using in the existing planning area. Otherwise, call your BW guy and ask him design and build a Info cube to load the data from your existing Info Area and also let him know that again you will reload the same data once after you made the changes to your planning area.

In order make changes to your planning area you need to de-initialize (delete time series) the planning area which further kills your data in the planning area. So we will load the planning area data in to Info Cube. Do changes to the planning area. Re-load the data from Info cube to Planning area.

Step1: Design and Build the Info cube to load your data from Planning area to Info Cube

Step2: Delte time series object of the planning area

Go to /n/sapapo/msdp_admin and select your planning area with right click and choose 'Delete Time Series Objects'.

Step3: Make your changes in Planning Area and activate your planning and then again initialize your planning area.

Step4: Reload your data from Info cube to Planning Area

Let me know if you need any further explanation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Satya!

i gone thru /n/sapapo/msdp_admin and selected planning area and i selected extras icon on top ..there from i created backup datasource under infoarea in bw.

my question are

1) we are adding promotion keyfigures in mpos.should i maintain the same ky figures in bw as well??all of our historical date was in bw . That is the case ,with out mainting the promotion kyfigure in bw ,how to re-load the cvs in our mpos from back up cube ? i think its shows error when i reload .

2) last week i did the realignment in my Mpos .so, if reloading the data from back up incube to planning area ,should i get the same data or not in my MPOS???

I would really appreciate ...

Thanks !

Kriss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kriss,

First let me clear you some points.

1. MPOS always contain characteristcis only not the key figures.

2. Planning area always contain Key figures.

3. When you create planning area at that you have to assign MPOS & Storage bucket Profile. So Automatcially Characteristcis, Key figures & Time charcteristics realetion mentained.

Come to your point.

1. Before creating data source which is depend up on Planning area, you should sure that your basic structure get finalized say, MPOS, Planning area & rest configuration setting. So if you think there will be some extra key figure required after finalizing planning area then in that case you can creat some extra key figure & adding to planning area before finalizing it. So that you can use these key figure in future also.

What ever data you want to extract from planning area you required whole data extraction process. So whenever you create data source depend up on planning area then automatcially all the info Objects( Char. key figures, time char. ) come in to data source by default. So further you have to replicate it in to APO BW & create rest data extraction process depneds up on data source. So automatcially all the info objects come in to an Info Cube & your extraction process will wrk fine.

2. Relignment can effect on data transfer from Info Cube to Planning area becz previously your charcteristcis values are different & you had taken back with those characteristcis values, now if you did relignment then charcteristcis values are suppose to be changed, so while loading data from Info cube to Planning area your charcteristcis values will not match & data will not load for those char. values only.

See, Data always stored in to planning area ( Live cache) against characteristcis, Key figures & time characteristcis. Data is not stored in to MPOS.

Hope this will help you

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya ,

I got it ..i resolved the problem .I created the backup datasource from planning area successfully but the datasource not appearing in bw ,sourcesystem .Even i tried to replicate the datasource from planning area but i am getting an error message : " no RFC Connection " .

How to establish RFC connection ?

Thank you

Kriss .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kriss,

The RFC connection is necessary to link APO & BW. So ask your Basis team to connectivity of RFC.

There are some steps to do that. But if you have basis consutant then ask to do this connection.

follow the below link for more information.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/7d/467937b566ab49e10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

Regards

Sujay

Edited by: Sujay Joshi on May 27, 2009 6:36 PM