cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I now which portal server did I logg in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We have 4 portal server and did load balancing with L7 switch.

My problem is

"After I login to portal, I want to know server name that I logon"

Because of L7 switch, I got alway same URL name from portal.

Any idea to know server name that I logon.

Regards, Arnold.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check the JSESSIONID cookie by entering "javascript:alert(document.cookie);" in the address bar of your browswer. First few characters are the ID of the server you are logged on.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have the same challenge here (6 servers) and it is a really pain to reproduce a problem. What we have is one cluster alias (external loadbalancer) and a dns host name for each of the six servers.

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/cs/weblog/view/wlg/564 describes how you can access a particular application server (we have four for each of the six servers) and I use together with the server host name to access a particular node (bypassing the load balancer because it doesn't understand the sapj2ee_ parameter.

If I go through the cluster addresse (thereby the load balancer) , the easiest way to check which node I am at is through the cookies. Type javascript:document.cookie in the addresse field and the saplb_* cookie should identify the id of the current node. (to find the ids, telnet to you installtion port 50008 (+instance nr * 1000) and enter the command lsc).

Hopes this helps

Dagfinn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dagfinn Parnas.

We can't access bolg https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/cs/weblog/view/wlg/564.

Please check URL.

Regards, Arnold.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, gave you an internal weblogger url.

This is the public one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know this method was working for EP6 SP2.

Is this also the method to use for EP6 SP15 (or any other netweaver version)?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

One error in that blog: you do not need to delete the cookies first. Just use a session that hasn't yet been to the portal. Easiest way is to start a new browser session (e.g., Start > Run > iexplore)

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EP,

Use this code to get the current server name.

request.getServletRequest().getServerName();

Regards,

Karthick

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

From ur portal, goto Java Developer > Tools > Portal Support Desk > SAP WebAS System Information. You will all details you want.

PS: Reward point if useful