cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Adobe Interactive Form in MDM

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Iam new to MDM Technology, I want to create Adobe Interactive Form and show a sample demo.

Sample demo which should show adobe interactive form in mdm and how to integrate adobe interactive form in mdm and how to update th data in MDM

I have knowledge of creation of adobe form but how to integrate with mdm technology.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

There is not much difference in updating Adobe Form's data to MDM. Adobe Form's fields need to be binded to Context attributes in the view of Web dynpro application, then same as the way u pick data from sontext to update MDM.. same way u can extract the values from context and update MDM.

Just one thing to keep in mind is to use Simple Types to poplate the drop downs from lookup tables..

Hope this helps..!!

Thanks,

Amita

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My question is not weather it was easy or tough. I can create an adobe interactive form ising Webdynpro Java but how do i connect to MDM. I heard that in MDM there will be no ABAP RFC's and that to why he has given special Java API for this. Can we do it through webdynpro java. If so how do we attach it to MDM and what is the process for updating the data into MDM.

I can create Adobe Interactive Form using Webdynpro Java and can update tha data through RFC, this i have done earlier in my previous project.I need to know the procedure to update the data in MDM using Adobe Interactive Forms.

Have you done any application pertaining to this earlier, if so please guide me on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

SAP has provided a special set of APIs to connect to MDM for Java as well as ABAP.

You may get the references for the same in below links:

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/MDM/index.html

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/MDM/current/index.html

Thanks,

Amita

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

could you please tell me the procedure of acheving this. If you don't know the procedure leave the thread or otherwise tell the procedure of doing this in a stepbystep manner. I need this solution very urgently since inorder to show case the demo.

I appreciate your efforts but i need a solution which should be something like a step-bystep procedure what needs to be done. I have think i have explained enoughly what i need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

below is the step by step guide for connecting to MDM from a WDP Java project, this is just the pseudocode:

1: Get the MDM Business package deployed on your Portal and als get the MDM JAVA API JAR files

2: Connect to MDM using ConnectionPoolFactory (Java API) by supplying the Server IP and other cedentials

3: Create a repository session and a user session

4. Fetch the Table Ids & Field Ids and prepare the schema for MDM tables

5. Perform the population part (Fetching data from MDM, like fetch counries from MDM) (RetieveLimitedRecordsCommand & others)

6. Once you are able to fetch the data, dont forget to destroy the sessions otherwise it would lead to performance issues

7: You can now present the form to the User for filling in etails

8: Once you have the filled form, you can create/update the record in MDM using Java API (CreateRecordCommand)

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Arafat,

You are the one who can help me.

1: Get the MDM Business package deployed on your Portal and als get the MDM JAVA API JAR files

Ans: I have deployed the Business Package and the respective JarFiles

I have created a System Id and the connection tests were successful.But from here when i check the iview of the business packages i was getting error. Could you please suggest me what needs to be done after this.

2: Connect to MDM using ConnectionPoolFactory (Java API) by supplying the Server IP and other cedentials

Ans: How to do this.Can you help me in this aspect

3: Create a repository session and a user session

Ans: How to do this.Can you help me in this aspect.Is there any blog or pdf which shows the procedure

4. Fetch the Table Ids & Field Ids and prepare the schema for MDM tables

Ans: How to do this.Can you help me in this aspect.

5. Perform the population part (Fetching data from MDM, like fetch counries from MDM) (RetieveLimitedRecordsCommand & others)

6. Once you are able to fetch the data, dont forget to destroy the sessions otherwise it would lead to performance issues

7: You can now present the form to the User for filling in etails

8: Once you have the filled form, you can create/update the record in MDM using Java API (CreateRecordCommand)

Ans: How to do this.Can you help me in this aspect.Is there any blog or pdf which shows the procedure

Upon all the things, if iam not wasting your time can help me on this topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Q: I have deployed the Business Package and the respective JarFiles

I have created a System Id and the connection tests were successful.But from here when i check the iview of the business packages i was getting error. Could you please suggest me what needs to be done after this.

Please create the user mapping for the system for the user with which you are logging into portal. If there is any other error then pleae specify the error.

All the other steps involve lot of Java code to be written, whole code you wont find anywhere but you can definitely start from this blog. It has listed all the steps to ceate a connection, sessions & search also.

MDM Java API 2 an introductive series part I

/people/tobias.grunow/blog/2007/12/16/mdm-java-api-2-an-introductive-series-part-i

MDM Java API 2 an introductive series part II

/people/tobias.grunow/blog/2007/12/18/mdm-java-api-2-an-introductive-series-part-ii

MDM Java API 2 an introductive series part III

/people/tobias.grunow/blog/2007/12/27/mdm-java-api-2-an-introductive-series-part-iii

MDM Java API 2 an introductive series part IV

/people/tobias.grunow/blog/2008/01/02/mdm-java-api-2-an-introductive-series-part-iv

If you have any sppecific questions or have difficulties in coding, then please let me know. I 'll try my best to help you out.

Regards,

Arafat

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have done user mapping for system access but still when i clicked on iview i was getting Null pointer

In BP when i selected the tab Business Partners --> Search and Maintain, Iam getting the below error.

Error: An error occurred; see log for details for search and Maintai Iview.

One quick question for you.

At first i need to create a Webdynpro Java file or an ordinary Java file before fetching the records from MDM.If i create a Webdynpro Java file then i need to connect to MDM repository using Java API only right. If that is the case then i don't need to create a model i guess.

The blogs were little bit confusing for the approach to start (i.e how start the project and how to end that is not clear)but for coding it was ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding your question, you can either create Java files where you can have methods written in MDM Java API and then call these methods from the Webdynpro by ading these files in your package structure. Or else you can go ahead and wite code in Webdynpro itself.

You dont require any models for this, only MDM Java API is sufficient.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Arafat,

Can you do me a favor.Mine is MDM 5.5 SP05 Server.

My requirement is i need to search the records based on Vendor field.Lets say i have given vendor name based on vendor name i need to get the list of vendors which has same name.

I have created a Webdynpro Java project.In that i have a startview.java file.

Now my problem is how to connect to repository and fetch the records from the repository.I need java code which should be written in Webdynpro Java file i.e in the startview.java

I need java code and the respective import java file code also, can you paste it in the thread. Whatever the links so far i have seen is mostly confusing me a lot, and iam trying this past from two days but i could not get the result.

In the startview.java i think we need to write in the init method, i guess correct.

Anyody has written the java code can please help me in acheiving this.