cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Adobe Interactive Form in MDM

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Iam new to MDM Technology, I want to create Adobe Interactive Form and show a sample demo.

Sample demo which should show adobe interactive form in mdm and how to integrate adobe interactive form in mdm and how to update th data in MDM

I have knowledge of creation of adobe form but how to integrate with mdm technology.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are couple of ways to integrate MDM with SAP Interactive Forms.

1. WebDynpro Java and MDM API (requires Portal)

2. MDM WebService (Portal not required)

Updating data in MDM using WebDynpro Java :

1. In Component Controller -> Fetch data from MDM using API and populate appropriate context structure

2. Map the View Controller and Comp Controller context.

3. Place Interactive Form UI element in view.(Keep the UI element in UpdatePDF mode, this can be done in properties window. Also increase the height and width property value)

4. The Interactive Form UI element is editable in Adobe Form Designer (7.1 / 8.0)

5. Design the form and bind the UI (TextFields/ Dropdowns) with the Context of View Controller.(Done in Binding tab of Object window)

6. Deploy and run the application.

The rendered application will contain an Adobe Interactive Form populated with MDM data.

Regards,

Suresh

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1. In Component Controller -> Fetch data from MDM using API and populate appropriate context structure

Fetch Data through MDM means.You mean to say wrting an RFC at backend and creating a model at frontend and there by fetching the data through Model.

then where to use this MDM Java API.Iam not understanding this point only past from a long time.

Could you please make it still more clear for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Fetching data means populating values from MDM tables and storing them in context. Say if you want to display a dropdown for Country in your Adobe form then you need to fetch the values fom Countries lookup flat table and store in context and then bind the context node to the Dropdown element in form.

Similarly you can retrieve values for other ields which would be used in the form.

You retrieve the data from MDM using MDM Java Api or MDM Java API2.

Let me know if you require any further information.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Arafat,

I read your article in AIF, It was good.There only i checked that you have knowledge on MDM.

"You retrieve the data from MDM using MDM Java Api or MDM Java API2."

How to do this. Could you please suggest me,

Also i have deployed the BP 5.5SP05 and SystemId connection tests were successful.After this when i clicked on the iview i was gettiing null pointer exception.How can this error be solved.I checked BP Configuration pdf but i could not understand completely.

Could you please help me on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Currently we are using the latest MDM Java 2 API and regarding your question on how to do this, I have replied to your thread in AIF forum. Request you o close one theread as it would be easy fopr me to keep track an help you out.

Cheers,

Arafat

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey,

Can you do me a favor.Mine is MDM 5.5 SP05 Server.

My requirement is i need to search the records based on Vendor field.Lets say i have given vendor name based on vendor name i need to get the list of vendors which has same name.

I have created a Webdynpro Java project.In that i have a startview.java file.

Now my problem is how to connect to repository and fetch the records from the repository.I need java code which should be written in Webdynpro Java file i.e in the startview.java

I need java code and the respective import java file code also, can you paste it in the thread. Whatever the links so far i have seen is mostly confusing me a lot, and iam trying this past from two days but i could not get the result.

In the startview.java i think we need to write in the init method, i guess correct.

Anyody has written the java code can please help me in acheiving this.