cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm triying to stablish comunnication between SAP and other system using interfaces, but I need to do it on-line ¿is there anyway to do it in SAP?

I don't want to create jobs for inbound interfaces because it won´t work online since I have to specify an execution time. For outbound interfaces I think it could work using user exits in the transactions that I want to be monitoring, but I would like to know if there's an easier way to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

in inbound you can define in partner definitions (WE20), 'immediate' execution. Then an IDOC creation (which you usually use for an interface) will be posted directly without seperate trigger.

In outbound you can link IDOCs to change pointers. I don't think a job is so bad, you can make the job schedule every 5 minutes and periodically (-> one job planning, but hundreds of jobs a day). It's not synchronous, but still pretty soon.

There are also synchronous connections possible, e.g. with CPI-C technic. But I have a feeling, this needs a little bit more experience and care.

But there are quite usual scenarios, where e.g. orders in SAP trigger transports in subsequent systems - this needs to be done immediately, so there are surely some settings to get this working, too. (Printouts can be maintained to be printed immediately, an output message can be linked to an IDOC creation, so at least IDOCs can be created directly for sure. How far they go to the receiving system, I don't know.)

Regards,

Christian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Christian, I really appreciate your help! it is very helpful