cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when creating KM folders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am create a KM folder structure into a CM repository of type FSDB. Everything was fine until I hit a deep level in the folder hierarchy. I got the error message as shown below:

could not create directory:
10.83.198.160\pt\Passport\Root\Power\Customer Services\Meter Reading\Meter Reading Managers\Projects\Meter Reading Service Order Projects\2005 Service Orders Project\1 DEFINE\Supporting Data\FieldNet Service Order Project\Service Order -- CIS Work\System Match

I encountered this error even before I reached this level, but I could work around by creating a folder with a shorter name and then renamed it to the name it supposed to be. However, now I even could not create a folder with a single letter, e.g., 'A'.

So I just wonder if there is any restriction on the length of full path of folders. Or is there anything else we need to configure with the CM repository of type FSDB?

Regards,

--

Harrison

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison,

you have to take the restriction of the file system in use into account when working with a FSDB repository.

If you use a Windows Share the maximum length of path is restricted to 255 characters. For other restrictions of the different CM repositories please have a look at this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/62/468698a8e611d5993600508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

It turned out that it was the problem with the maximum length of path.

Now, before we go to talk to our customer about the restriction of path length, we'd like to try to test with DBFS repository, which will give us a maximum length of 448 characters. I created a DBFS repository that uses a remote windows file server, which is the same one I used for FSDB. I also created separate network path, and memory cache. However, the DBFS repository never shows up under the root directory, and the root directory in the file share is empty.

The following is the configuration of the repository

name: mr_a1

prfix: /mr_a1

persistence mode: dbfs

repository id in db: mr_a1

root dir: //sapepf01/pt/mr_a1/root

root dir for versions: //sapepf01/pt/mr_al/versions (even though not necessary)

repository services: subscription, etc.

property search manager: com.sapportals.wcm.repository.manager.cm.CmPropertySearchManager

security manager: AclSecurityManager

ACL Manager Cache: ca_rsrc_acl

window landscape system: mr_al (which is the network path)

cache: mr_a1_cache

cache for small content: mr_a1_content

I guess that it is related to a problem of accessing to the remote file server because I was able to create a DBFS using the local file system, and it works fine. But, I was also able to create a FSDB using THAT remote file server and it works fine, too. So what I am facing is a problem of creating a DBFS with that remote file server.

I'd really appreciate if someone who has successfully created a DBFS repository with remote windows file server could share his/her experience.

Thanks a lot.

--

Harrison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever a repository manager doesn't start up, look mfor it's status in the Component Monitor.