cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step3 N4S TestDrive: Client Installation OK, but the JavaGUI shows error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install N4S NW 2004s Test drive in SUSE Linux on AMD64 machine.

I had problems in step2 as I could not start the DB (separate thread for this problem)

However in the forum I saw a hint to start the SAPGUI and install the license through SLICENSE transaction. (If the server does not start I was wondering if this will work but still thought of giving it a try)

Installed the Java GUI as indicated in Step 3. Installation seemed to end OK.

Started the JavaGUI but get the following error

"Attempt to load shared library /opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00/bin/lib/Platin.so failed

The library file exists, so either the program

don't has the privileges to access the library

or the library is not loadable by the shared object loader

Technical information:

Error location: GuiJniLoader.laodPlatinLibrary()

Error messageL /opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00/bin/libjPlatin.so (..... wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32)"

Kindly help me to solve this problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

it seems that you have installed the 32bit JavaGUI (the JavaGUI is currently 32bit only) installed, but you are using the 64bit Java. Please check the following thread where the problem was solved:

[|]

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed the 32 bit jre 1.5 and tried to start the PlatinGUI but I get error shown below

my output of file commands are as follows

file 'which java'

/usr/bin/java: symbolic link to `/etc/alternatives/java'

file /opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00/bin/libjPlatin.so

/opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00/bin/libjPlatin.so: cannot open `/opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00/bin/libjPlatin.so' (No such file or directory)

-

error when starting the gui -

n4shost:n4sadm 9> /opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00/bin/guistart /H/n4shost/S/3201&expert=true

[1] 6320

expert=true: Command not found.

n4shost:n4sadm 10> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)

at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:175)

at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)

at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:196)

at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:119)

at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:91)

at sun.awt.motif.MToolkit.<clinit>(MToolkit.java:124)

at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)

at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:196)

at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:119)

at java.awt.Toolkit$2.run(Toolkit.java:796)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:197)

at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:787)

at com.sap.platin.Gui.main(Gui.java:44)

[1] Exit 1 /opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00/bin/guistart /H/n4shost/S/3201

-

Seems like it is still trying to use the 64bit jre. How to resolve this?

Thanks

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

are you installing the JavaGUI on the server? If so, there is no need. If you have a Windows client machine, you can download the SAPGUI for Windows and connect to the Linux Server where the N4S is running. This is no problem.

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not using windows client.

I am installing javagui in the server itself. you mentioned "it is not required" Is it referring to 32 bit JRE? Before installing the 32 bit JRE I got an error which is the first post. After installing I got a different error posted also in this thread.

I tried "setenv" command (logged in as user n4sadm) to list the environment variables and see that java is pointed to the 32 bit version also as shown below

-

part of setenv output -

JAVA_BINDIR=/usr/lib64/jvm/jre/bin

JAVA_ROOT=/usr/lib64/jvm/jre

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/java

JRE_HOME=/usr/lib64/jvm/jre

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/sap/N4S/SYS/exe/run:/sapdb/programs/lib:./usr/java/jre1.5.0_18/lib/i386:./usr/java/jre1.5.0_18/lib/i386/server

-

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH points to the 32bit JRE.

-

I tried to install the license from os level but I get an error as follows:

n4shost:n4sadm 58> /usr/sap/N4S/SYS/exe/run/saplicense -install ifile=N4S.txt

• ERROR: data in file N4S.txt incomplete(143/175)

Data: SID, CKEY, INSTNO, EXPDATE, LKEY, SYSID

1 1 1 1 0 1

saplicense: Error reading license data from file N4S.txt

Thanks,

Ashok

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

let us focus on the GUI problem and leave the license aside. The reason is, the license can only be installed with the GUI. It seems that the documentation may be inaccurate.

However, the error you are facing is

error when starting the gui n4shost:n4sadm 9> /opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00/bin/guistart /H/n4shost
/S/3201&expert=true
[1] 6320
expert=true: Command not found.
n4shost:n4sadm 10> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window
server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

My question now is, do you have a client desktop or do you only have the server? The solution depends on the answer:

• Client Desktop

-> If windows, you have to have exceed or another x-server installed. You also have to forward X through putty

-> If Linux, you have to use command: "ssh -X n4sadm@<server>". Try to start 'xterm' and check if it works

• Server only

- > which user is logged in the xsession? This user who is logged into X has to start the GUI, not n4sadm ...

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a server only scenario from which I am trying to run the Javagui.

My root user is the one logged into xsession hence tried to start JavaGUI as root user, now I get the initial GUI logo and then an error message as shown below (this time I have JRE 1.5 32bit version also)

1. ERROR #############################

27.05. 10:04:05.214 ERROR: Attempt to load shared library /opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00/bin/libJPlatin.so failed.

The library file exists, so either the program

don't has the privileges to access the library

or the library is not loadable by the shared object loader

Technical information:

Error location: GuiJniLoader.loadPlatinLibrary()

Error message : /opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00/bin/libJPlatin.so (/opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00/bin/libJPlatin.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32)

1. ERROR #############################

Thanks,

Ashok

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

I'm using a small script to start the JavaGUI on my machine. You should try it youself. Please note that you have to adept the paths accordingly. Sometimes it happens that some variables are not set correctly. Also, the Java path is very important!

#!/bin/sh

# SAP GUI Path
SGP=/home/hannes/data/progs/sapgui/SAPGUI7.10rev8

export SNC_LIB=/usr/lib/libsecude.so
export CREDDIR=/dev/shm/ssoclient-`id -u`
export JAVA_HOME=/home/hannes/data/progs/jdk1.5.0_16
export PLATIN_JAVA_VER=1.5.0_16
export PLATIN_JAVA=$JAVA_HOME/bin/java
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$SGP/bin
$SGP/bin/guilogon

Thanks,

Hannes

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hannes,

The script solved the problem and I logged in as SAP* and installed the license without any problem.

Thanks for your help.

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

without SAP up, will not be able to connecto through sapgui, and will not be able to run slicense either. so try to put db and sap first

for sapgui for Java problem, im not sure if i can help you, lets see if other forum members would help you here