cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Change Request in Consolidation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a track which consist of 2 software components, let say SC A and SC B.

At this moment, there are several change requests from SC A and SC B in the consolidation tab, waiting to be imporedt.

Is it possible to import all the Change Requests from SC A and SC B at once? Meaning i dont want to wait until one Change Request successfully "Assembled", then only import the subsequent Change Request?

Thanks.

- julius

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not answered fully.

0 Kudos

Hi Julius.

We can do as you wish and I have did that before. You can select both the SCs at the same time and click on import. This will import to the assembly one after one and it can be confirmed by the Log files. I have done this without any problems. So you can try this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juilius,

Even we can do all the imports at a time, but as SAP recommends us to do one by one to prevent errors.

While doing one by one import process make sure to import based on last time and date. for ex if one activity is released on jan 10th 2007 5 am and another on jan 10th 2007 4 am, then first you need to import jan 10th 2007 4 am activity.

then you may not face any code missing related issues.

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

My concern with one by one import (wait till status 'Assembled') is that they are simply taking too much time.

While doing one by one import process make sure to import based on last time and date. for ex if one activity is released on jan 10th 2007 5 am and another on jan 10th 2007 4 am, then first you need to import jan 10th 2007 4 am activity.

How long i have to wait before clicking the second CR (in your example, CR on 10th 2007 5am) after the first CR?

Thanks.

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

If it is the first time you are assembling the componets then it will take some time(time taken depends on no of modifications done). so dont hurry it may cause some errors do it one by one.

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok. It seems that it is possible to import CRs from different SC in the same track.

How about different CRs from the same SC in the same track? Will Importing all the SCs with one click cause error, eg, dependencies etc? Will it be compile/build sequentially with the oldest CR first?

Thanks.

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julius,

Yes you can do that.But i suggest to do them individually.

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri