cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPEx: 501 IP Address for data destination doesnt match client's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am getting following error in the communication channel for File Adapter.

com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 501 IP Address for data destination doesn't match client's.

Communication channel details are as follows -

FTP protocol is used with Port 21.

Data connection - Active

File type : Binary.

The same interface is working fine in Development, Quality and Pre-Prod environments.

This issue is coming only for Production FTP server.

From the error text, it appears as a network issue.

Please to let me know if anyone has came across such issue earlier, and what the the possible reasons - solutions to resolve this.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

Do you tried to access FTP production system using FTP tools like "FireZilla" or " "WSFTP" using same connection parameters?

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

We are able to connect to Production F.T.P through F.T.P tool with same parameters. Also at backend (i.e through Putty) both systems XI and F.T.P are able to communicate.The problem is arising when XI is trying to connect to F.T.P through communication channel.

Kindly Suggest,

Regards,

Amol

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was with FTP back end server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amol, can you please describe what type of issue you found with the backend FTP server? I am having an intermittant FTP issue with this same error message. I would really appreciate some more guidance!!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if you have firewall ports open for connection with this FTP server. Make sure that the address you are using is the external IP address for the FTP server.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

The firewall ports are open and the systems are able to telnet through Putty.

Kindly tell me, what is an external connection? In my case I am using port 21 to connect F.T.P.

Regards,

Amol